GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I should wait till after my trackday at bedford on the 19th to get my ypipe fitted because I have to take it to motorline for my post trackday inspection. Are they going to kick up a fuss about reinstating it because they seem so anti-y pipe?

anyone with a ypipe in kent taken a gtr for a post inspection?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
i had a pti at glyn hopkin and they didn't say anything about the pipe

you will void your warranty by modding the car , so what are they going to reinstate in future? ;)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Why you are doing these inspections.....im not doing pre and after inspections,i do my normal inspections and thats it,im done with all the warranty BS....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just wondering if I should wait till after my trackday at bedford on the 19th to get my ypipe fitted because I have to take it to motorline for my post trackday inspection. Are they going to kick up a fuss about reinstating it because they seem so anti-y pipe?

Dont let them wash it!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Middlehursts happily did my pre and post inspection with the y-pipe on, and also my 6k service.

But they had fitted it at the PDI in the first place, and just fitted my GTC titan for me too!

And yes, probably gonna give up on any wintertime inspections by any HPC, and just have them done when the ambient temps are up high enough to concern the tranny fluids.

·
Registered
690 Posts

Hi.

What part of Kent you in?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why you are doing these inspections.....im not doing pre and after inspections,i do my normal inspections and thats it,im done with all the warranty BS....
I am assuming that he is doing it because he wants to keep his warranty.
Suprised you dont, but each to thier own.

Incidentally, if you do a track day and dont get it inspected (i.e. out of warranty) does your warranty then become reinstated when you get the normal inspections done in the future?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I am assuming that he is doing it because he wants to keep his warranty.
Suprised you dont, but each to thier own.

Incidentally, if you do a track day and dont get it inspected (i.e. out of warranty) does your warranty then become reinstated when you get the normal inspections done in the future?
I dont even loose the warranty if i dont do them inspections....we are in europe,Nissans 3year warranty is completely useless IMO....only usefull thing is the 2 years dealers warranty,i had the discussion with them long enough....heard a lot of BS...they don´t even answer my lawyers letters....they dont have customer service,they dont have warranty...if you ever farted in your seat,you lost the warranty they will tell you...

If my gearbox breaks,in the same way others have failed befor then they have to pay it as they sold the car with a fault....european law,if you have done a trackday inspection or not....if my engine will break again because of the same reason as the first time,they have to pay it...on the trackday inspections they just save data to use against you when it comes hard...in case you need the warranty;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool

Ypipe on.
Really like it..not too intrusive and doesnt sound much louder, but a much better noise, especially when giving it the beans.

thanks for the tips chaps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts