GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Folks,

There has been a lot of discussion in side threads about where to get replacement tyres at the best cost so in the spirit of sharing how about you dump the details and costs of the cheapest tyres you have come across in this thread.

Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs but lets keep it to decent rubber that will compliment the performance of the R35 car.

I will kick things off.

Dunlop SP Sport 600's that come on the car in Europe at least.

Best price i have found is Camskills

Link to front - DUNLOP TYRES / RUNFLAT RUN FLAT / DUNLOP SP SPORT 600 - 255/40RF20 97Y RFT (FRONT) TL Nissan GTR :: £393.90 :: Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres :: R20" - 255/40/20, 255/40 R 20 <span class=blue>Runflat</span> ::

£393.90

And rears - DUNLOP TYRES / RUNFLAT RUN FLAT / DUNLOP SP SPORT 600 - 285/35RF20 100Y RFT (REAR) TL Nissan GTR :: £417.00 :: Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres :: R20" - 285/35/20, 285/35 R 20 <span class=blue>Runflat</span> ::

£417

As an alternative to Camskills e.g. if they are running out of stock then call Chris at Value Tyres in Stirling and mention Scott and he will be able to do the following prices:

Value Tyres - Tyres for: 4x4, Cars, Trucks, Bus, Motorcycles, Agriculture, Industry

Tel - 01786 472189

Front - £402.50
Rear - £425.50

If others who have found cheaper could put their prices and suppliers details below that would be appreciated.

We all know the stealers prices are sky high so lets work together to try and find a single source for everyone and hopefully this will further help reduce the prices even further due to volume.

Mods just to clarify i am in no way endorsing any of the above and am not suggesting a group buy or anything like that, this thread is for info only and individuals will contact the respective supplier of their own accord.

Any chance we could make this a sticky in a relevant R35 section e.g. tyres?

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
there are other posts on tyre prices already in the tyre section???

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are other posts on tyre prices already in the tyre section???
Correct Robbie, my apologies for putting this post in the wrong section.

The other posts are mostly full of should i buy Dunlops/Toyo's/Bridgestones rather than

xxx sells them here is the link/here are their prices.

Can you move this to the tyres section please and also make a sticky if possible?

If others can enter details of prices etc which equal or better the above then we will have a useful resource for all other R35 owners in the future.

·
Registered
297 Posts
hey guys why dont we as a club (dont worry will be joining soon) try set up some sort of partnership with a tire company, as im sure we would all use them and should get good discounts if we struck a hard deal with them right from the onset. We are all going to need tyres for the next few years and it would be good buisness for them and thus good savings for us in the long term aswel.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I ordered a full set of Bridgestones ('cos my mate Steve told me they were the bestest tyre for the GT-R, innit! :D ) from Camskill and the total bill was £1117 inc VAT and delivery.

Very reasonable compared to the Dunlops I thought.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
ScottyB - cheers for starting this thread.

We're all going to need tyres in the next 6month or so, so getting a handle on prices, or even a liaison with a company is a great idea.

Ta

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I ordered a full set of Bridgestones ('cos my mate Steve told me they were the bestest tyre for the GT-R, innit! :D ) from Camskill and the total bill was £1117 inc VAT and delivery.

Very reasonable compared to the Dunlops I thought.
David - what as the fitting charge? And where did you get them done with Nitro? (i'm guessing MH - but just for completeness etc, and also so we're comparing like for like)

Ta

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
David - what as the fitting charge? And where did you get them done with Nitro? (i'm guessing MH - but just for completeness etc, and also so we're comparing like for like)

Ta
Yup, car was going up to Middlehurst anyway so I got the tyres delivered straight there.

I believe most Kwik Fits offer nitrogen now, so it's not that rare anymore.

·
Registered
384 Posts
my guy is costly now

432 each fitted (front)

455 each fitted (rear)

both dunlop tyres runflat SP Sport 600

dam wont be using him

·
Registered
297 Posts
hey guys, im currently talking to a complany in USA and trying to arrange something with them as we might be able to strick up some sort of constant supply chain, subject to mod approval obviously. Wating for prices delivered atm for dunlops and bridgestones. If they come back with good numbers which moderator is best to contact to arrange this?

·
Registered
297 Posts
have just been asked for the monthly anticipated volume of tires needed, probably best placing this in the hands of the mods now. Not quite sure how this works tbh.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Volume depends on price, price depends on volume. Can they quote a delivered price for say 50, 100, 200 tyres a month?

·
Registered
198 Posts
ScottyB, good thread straight to the piont on price. Im 4000 miles in and i think ill need them @ the 6000mile service. Anyone tried the bridgestones? are they any good?

Just fitted the rear light conversion so all rear LEDs stay lit. Looks great and i recommend them to all as those longs nights are now slowly kicking in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts