GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the plastic pot filled with oil? in the right hand side of the boot is for (r32gtr), HICAS or ATESSA? if HICAS i take it this is taken out if you are doing a complete removal of HICAS? :confused:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, so for ATESSA it is then, i take it there is a pipe running from this tank to the transfer box?. On the same subject what oil do you use to top up if low?:)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yes there is a pipe that goes into the back of the transfer, you can not miss it when you look under the car

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
power steering fluid you top it up with. confused yet? lol
transfer box takes auto transmision fluid and gear box takes normal gear oil.

Thanks for that, so for ATESSA it is then, i take it there is a pipe running from this tank to the transfer box?. On the same subject what oil do you use to top up if low?:)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
So let me get this right, you fill the pot up in the boot with power steering fluid but it is used for the ATESSA system?
Is that what all the pumps are used for behind the offside rear wheel or are they used for the HICAS?
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
hmm, the pump for the attessa is more in the middle of the car by the diff, follow the pipe down from the boot as it goes there first then up to the transfer case at end of gearbox.
reason why you fill up with power steering fluid is that it is the actuator/pump resevoir, therefor its not actually part of the transfer mechanism so wont be taking tramsmision fluid.
im sure someone else could explain in a bit better, i know its confusing!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
bugger, I was hoping that was for the HICAS system so I could take all that crap outta my boot. Good thing I didn't do that, kinda like having my ATTESA system :p

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just goes to show how usefull these forums are!
Why would you want to remove the HICAS, Nissan spent loads on R+D for that system only for you to take it out!?

·
Registered
936 Posts
On the R34 GTR, the pipe from the boot resevoir goes to the rear of the gearbox and NOT the transfer box, just by the rear propshaft. There is a bleed nipple here for bleeding the system.

As far as I was aware, the resevoir in the boot of the R34 GTR is for the rear wheel steer and not the 4WD system.

Nik

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just goes to show how usefull these forums are!
Why would you want to remove the HICAS, Nissan spent loads on R+D for that system only for you to take it out!?
a) it saves about 20kg's on 32 gtr's as the hicas is a hydraulic system (33's and 34's are electronic)

b) gives better cornering repsonse whilst pushing hard on the track

·
Registered
936 Posts
yes but then the gtr wasnt developed as purely a street car :)
It was a standard 2 door coupe with 4wd and twin turbo (R32, R33 and R34). The GTR was never desined as a one off car, it was taking an existing road shell and chasis and putting better bits onto it. A true track/road car would be like the new GTR.

I would say that the R32/R33 and R34 were deveoped as fast road cars to give driving pleasure, with the ability to be converted to track cars for use in the JTSC championships etc.

Nik

1 - 17 of 17 Posts