GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
10,834 Posts
Good price and mileage.

Whats the service history like? Serviced every year?

I would check it definitely has sat nav as I would of thought it would have made more sense to buy a black edition than add it to a premium?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Service and a few additional details below (waiting on details for who actually serviced it):

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
One of the 5+ owners must have driven it hard for it to require new disks and pads with that low mileage. I’m on 47k miles and original brakes still have loads of meat on them.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Really hard to judge just on photos and service history list but the mileage is low for age, that's for sure. Lot of owners though, could be pretty much one a year, who knows?! Price seems about average for age/miles but as we all know, need to go on condition and provenance.

·
Vendor
1,800 Posts
Pads can weld to the discs slightly and then there pulled away from there backing.

Discs could be pitted,cracked,warped, whatever, so that***8217;s nothing to worry about, Infact a bonus a would say.

·
R35 Section manager
10,834 Posts
On the other hand the car may of been for track use hence the low mileage and new discs/pads.

Welcome to the 2nd hand car market!

Well worth viewing as the photos/service history look ok

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
As for the comment it has been driven hard. What Are the cars designed for?, I am sure if it had stock discs on they will have cracked from the vent holes which is not hard to do. So the previous owner, as I did, changed for a disc which will not likely self destruct at 140mph

·
R35 Section manager
10,834 Posts
As for the comment it has been driven hard. What Are the cars designed for?, I am sure if it had stock discs on they will have cracked from the vent holes which is not hard to do. So the previous owner, as I did, changed for a disc which will not likely self destruct at 140mph
Indeed it could be something very straight forward.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Can't see an issue with the brakes personally, around 30k for a change is pretty normal?

Changed after 15k I'd be worrying, lol

Seems a very reasonable price for a late 2010, not long ago that would have been up for a fair bit more. Maybe the owners thing is dragging it down, but again, that's hardly unheard of with these.

Doesn't mention tyres though. Like SKNAM says, see what it's like in the flesh and go from there :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
To be fair the car is a performance car. I bought mine to drive it quickly. With the proliferation of dash cams/speed camera's etc the only place you can really do this is on a track. What a pleasure this is though. i know people comment about tracked cars but if servicing etc is upto date it should be fine. One proviso is if its been owned by a trackday company and had its heart thrashed out don't go there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts