GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There,

Next week i am going look a GTS on a J Plate (im only a poor university student so the GTR is a few years away!), im unfamiliar with skylines so is their anything in particular i should look out for, are their many sheds about?

Also can you give me an idea of running costs and parts on these. I currently drive a MK3 supra turbo so any comparrison you could give me would be good.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

James

·
Registered
520 Posts
If you haven't already, then take a look at http://www.gtrowner.com/buying.html . Although it is aimed at the R33 GTR, some of the information will no doubt be applicable to the GTS aswell.

Do you have a Saphire Cosworth and a Supe or one or the other?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome

Hi james,

Welcome to the world of the Skyline. You may wish to check out the following site which is aimed specifically at the GTS.

Skyline GTS

HTH

Stu

·
Registered
637 Posts
SHEDS??

Look in yellow pages under "Garden Centres"

We'll forgive your poor choice of words, since you are new to the site. However, the forfeit is that you have to buy everybody a drink. Mine's a double!!

hehe :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
If it's an import, which it's most likely to be, check for rust on the underbody as Japanese cars are not rust-proofed to the same standards (no salt on their roads) as euorpean cars. Unless the owner has had some undersealing done or oil/wax every few years it's not going to be a pretty sight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for the reply, ill let you know what happens.

And yes ive got a sup and saph cossy at the moment, the cossy is going though!

Thanks again,

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts