GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot decide which option to go for, I want something that is durable and will not flake off.. which is the better of the two?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
The VHT wrinkle paint isn't very durable, but unless you are constantly rebuilding engines does it matter?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see. Any recommendations on who to use for powder coating and what I should be paying?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have a set of wrinkle covers and they are a major pain to clean, I would
Never do it again they also never look truley clean.
+1. Looks nice when its fresh but bloody awful to maintain.

Powder coating can give good results and is probably the easiest way to do it as they'll blast and then powder coat.
If they're paint stripped and in reasonable condition then you could get a bodyshop to etch and paint them to the colour you want.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
720 Posts

URL=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/simon__tompkins/media/IMG_0312.jpg.html]
[/URL]

i think my powder coat looks great especially in the flesh,I've done the painted covers,I've also done the polished covers,in my opinion this is the best its ever looked,i also did the centre cover and all the intercooler piping,so the engine bay looks very stealth,just my biased opinion of course.

simon

·
Registered
720 Posts
right get your powder coated engines and bits up on the forum,lets have a look its nice to see peoples different tastes and ideas,by the way i do like the red.

simon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts