GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, anyone visited Power Engineering in Uxbridge with their GTR?? Mine seems to be quite hesitant lately (especially after a good ragging) and was wondering if anyone had any dealings with them. Abbey cant take a look at the car till start of August which is a little far away. I know of their good reputation when cozzies were a big thing and see that they specialize in Soobs and Evo's but have any of you used them to look at your GTR???

Ta,

TT

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
why not take it to Ron at RK tuning?

I know power engineering have got a GTR of thier own, but hasn't everyone these days ;)

mook

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Mooki, but I live just outside Windsor and need someone close. Abbey are really my nearest tuners and the car has had loads of work done by them recently by the previous owner. Car's not running right so I dont want to be going too far in it TBH.

TT

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Get on the 25 and limp to Abbey. If they are familiar with the car it has to be the best option. They will pick it up in the lorry if you ask and you really don't want to drive it.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
moleman said:
Get on the 25 and limp to Abbey. If they are familiar with the car it has to be the best option. They will pick it up in the lorry if you ask and you really don't want to drive it.
Quoted in agreement.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Abbey Motorsport, GT-aRt, Rising Sun RK Tuning are all within driving distance. Nothing against Power Engineering but I would ask what Skylines' they have worked on before and get a reference before taking it anywhere.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have used Power Engineering in the past for my cars mainly VWs, had no issues with the guys. I have also used them for a power run on my GTR (£50)& can confirm there rollers can take more than 400bhp. They are fine for a power run and general advice although they do advise going to Abbey for anything more than that. Scoobys are there thing!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Trev said:
Their rollers can only take up to 400bhp - or it was the case back in January.
One of our cars dyno'd in the mid-700's BHP there in the spring. I dont know what the rollers are rated to ... but it should be at least 800 with that in mind.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice guy's. Mark from Abbey has managed to sueeze me in a bit earlier which is fantastic! Glad about this as the car just seems to be getting worse :bawling:

TT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts