GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Had some work done on the car recently and now having issues with it stalling on tickover. Checked plugs and coils etc and all is ok there,

I'm thinking that as it had the AFM's off while the work was carried out that it may be down to them....

Can anyone tell me what their power fc airflow readings should be at ign on without engine running and also what the readings should be at idle ??

Im running z32 AFM's and it shows 50mV at ign and around 500mV at idle....

Is this about right or is 1 of the meters not working ??

Many thanks for anyones help :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

Peter

·
Registered
8,547 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent seen that before where you can see both values ? how is it done ?

will it be easy to diagnose if i try uplugging them one by one to see if it makes a difference ? will this be safe to try ?

also would be great if someone with Z32's can check their powerFC readings to compare :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi mate,
Ill have a look at what my values are on my R33. Im still on standard AFM's so I think that the voltages I will quote will be a bit higher than yours cos your using the Z32 AFM's. They have a larger range i think in terms of airflow.

To check your values on the commnader got to the 'etc' menu on the screen where it says 'Monitor' 'Setting' and 'etc' . In the etc menu there is a sensor check select that and a whole page of sensor voltages appears shoing afm's, both lambdas, aircon on or off, throttle on/off etc

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
yep. at first, that page looks like a huge mess of indecipherable numbers, but you can sort it out, and the abbreviations make sense. My AFMs read at very similar voltages all the time (but my O2 sensors, one of them was always .5volts under the other one).

Once I deciphered that page, I found it to be a very useful troubleshooting tool, or at least an assurance of all sensors working.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Had a look at the values for my std afms and they are

Ign on, engine not running: - AFMs 0.16 & 0.19
Ign on, engine idle : - AFMS 1.47 & 1.46

Hope this helps

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I just ordered a pair of used Z32 AFMs. What are the odds that they don't work? What's the stuff you clean the sensors with? Some kind of spray?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
:bowdown1: :bowdown1:

thanks guys.....those readings are nearly twice the amount im getting so maybe 1 of the AFM's isnt reading/connected badly and this is what is causing it to not idle properly/keep stalling ?

is there a way to definitively test them to ensure the low readings are caused by a faulty AFM ?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I suppose you could unplug them one at a time, check the idle reading then.

One could be working fine, the other faulty.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi everyone,

the fault was that 1 of the AFM wires had split and is now reconnected,

The issue i have now noticed from the above help that you guys had given, is that the individual AFM readings in the power fc are showing:

at idle
AFM1 : 0.60v
AFM2 : 1.00v

does this mean that i have 1 faulty AFM still ?

Does this mean that the AFM1 is under-reading ?

Can a couple of you check your powerfc readings at idle and see if they are both reading the same value to see if it is a common fault to have a difference etc ?

the setting to check can be found in the power fc commander:
under the ETC menu,
then in the sensor check submenu,
the values are AFM1 and AFM2 (which are at the top)

MANY THANKS for the help guys, it is very much appreciated :)

Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts