GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my two standard lambdas with Bosch widebands (LSU 4.2) - will they be compatible with my Power FC? Or will I need some kind of converter? The stock R32 "titanium" lambdas return voltages between 1.1V and 4.8V during running, and one sensor gives weaker voltage readings than the other (ideally, should they give the same readings?).

Also, my Apexi turbo timer has a O2 lambda lead (to measure and give rough A/F readings), can that take a Bosch signal direct?

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
You can run the widebands but only with a wideband control box that interpretes the wideband voltage and converts it to a narrowband signal.
The controller also provides the correct heating current to keep the sensor operating correctly.
WBo2.com WIDEBAND AFR/LAMBDA (Tech Edge) has some great info on wideband technology.

They will not work on their own as a straight swap.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link - ideally, I'll be able to wire up a way to send a raw signal to a wideband readout, and a duplicate signal to a converter box to give a signal my Power FC can understand. Pity that the Power FC can't use a wideband - are there ECUs that can use them plug and play to get their O2 data?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wideband lambda sensors don't just output a voltage you can read vs o2 - you need a controller to get any readings from a wideband sensor, not just the narrowband output.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wideband lambda sensors don't just output a voltage you can read vs o2 - you need a controller to get any readings from a wideband sensor, not just the narrowband output.
that's what I mean by readout - I just hope I can figure a way so that the sensor can drive two units at the same time (like an Innovate controller and a narrowband translator for my Power FC) - I don't suppose it's as straightforward as splicing two wires per lead from the Bosch LSU, although it'd certainly be splendid if it were that easy :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yes a lot of the decent wb controllers have a narrowband output and a 0-5v linear output which you can run into gauges / datalogit or similar for logging.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
but how does the RB26 use the dual lambdas? Or can I design a system like this - a Bosch LSU in one turbo elbow, going to a wideband controller, then out to the ECU and also to a Greddy A/F gauge. And then put a standard lambda in the other elbow - or would the whole system design be better with Bosch lwideband lambdas in both turbo elbows?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts