GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys. I am having a delima and I figure I might as well ask the people who should know best.

Anyway, I know most of the people on here that are running a Power FC are also using the Power FC Boost Controller. I mean it ties directly into the EMS and sounds ideal.

On another note I know that most people view the Profec B II as one of the best boost controllers.

Well here is my question.

I was initially going to use the FC Boost Controller becuase it seemed the ideal thing to do. However after speaking to a few people as well as my tuner, it was suggested that I go with the Profec B II instead. My tuner feels that it will be easier to switch boost settings on the fly as well as he feels it is safer to have 2 different systems for saftey reasons in case one fails.

I was just kind of wondering what you guys suggest before I buy my boost controller. FC Controller or Profec B II?

Thanks guys.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
265 Posts
get the profec B II. Great controller and great value. They are very easy to tune, and the last boost display feature is handy.

i run one on my GTR with a Power FC. Check out the boost curve... can't get much faster building boost, or a more stable boost curve than that I reckon.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I have the PFC Boost Controller, but I am wondering if I would have done better with something else. True, it's all tied in, but you can't switch boost settings on the fly. I thought this would be unimportant, but a Scramble Boost Button is something I wish for quite often.

that's a damned stable boost setting. The PFC creeps a bit, +0.05bar over setting, and on occassion up to +0.12bar over setting. If you lower the duty cycle the car lags like no tomorrow - I never got full boost on stock-sized turbos until 4200rpm even at high duty cycle settings.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I have the PFC Boost Controller, but I am wondering if I would have done better with something else. True, it's all tied in, but you can't switch boost settings on the fly. I thought this would be unimportant, but a Scramble Boost Button is something I wish for quite often.

that's a damned stable boost setting. The PFC creeps a bit, +0.05bar over setting, and on occassion up to +0.12bar over setting. If you lower the duty cycle the car lags like no tomorrow - I never got full boost on stock-sized turbos until 4200rpm even at high duty cycle settings.

Scramble Boost Button is no problem with the AVC-R,just install it.

If the AVC-R is adjusted right,it will work better then anything else,but adjustments are difficult.

Alex

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
And the PFC DOES have multiple boost settings (4) that can be adjusted at any time using the hand controller.

As stated above the AVC-R has the most feature content of any boost control - if its used properly or not is up to you!

·
Registered
717 Posts
just remember that if you have a seperate boost control then the power fc cannot adjust if the boost goes out of perameters or spikes and knock back the power/timing. At least with the power fc boost kit you can help protect your engine better from those potential boost problems

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The only safety feature with the PFC controlling boost is a fuel cut at 0.25kg/cm2 over boost set-point. If you connect the PFC boost sensor you can have this functionality and control boost via something else.

The AVC-R appears to do a better job of controlling boost than the PFC even though they use the same solenoid unit. I assume the software is better in the AVC-R.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
The only safety feature with the PFC controlling boost is a fuel cut at 0.25kg/cm2 over boost set-point. If you connect the PFC boost sensor you can have this functionality and control boost via something else.

The AVC-R appears to do a better job of controlling boost than the PFC even though they use the same solenoid unit. I assume the software is better in the AVC-R.
the software is way better. True, you have four settings on the PFC but they're buried under a few layers of menus - not exactly scramble boost! And you can only adjust two parameters - boost level, and duty cycle. Nothing else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts