GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, since I picked up my GTR a few months ago its had a really high idle...say 1250-1300rpm on cold startup. Once warm it never goes below about 1050.:eek: :eek:
So, I do a little searching on here and find a thread about idle adjustment on the PFC commander. I go out to the car, have a look and find all settings on the idle/rev limit page to be at 0, yes 0. ALL of them :confused: . No, make that very :confused: .
So where is my engine receiving its idle speed control from and how do I get it down to standard (950rpm) ??

As an aside, my AFM's are playing up and are soon to be replaced. I suppose this may have its part to play in all this.

TT

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
yeah take the AFMs off mate and overhaul them. A bit of elec. contact cleaner will clean em up a bit but you can go further by removing the black cover on them and resoldering the connections inside them. they may be corroded. may be worth trying before running out and buying aftermarket afms (your just gonna need another remap once they're fitted most likely)

not sure where the idle adjust screw is under the hood (strange the pfc is reading zero - who mapped it?!) on a gtr - theres an AAC valve on the 33gtst at the back of the plenum that controls idle

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, TBH, could'nt be bothered to clean/resolder AFM's. I had found the thread on doing that some time ago. However, next year I'm going to hopefully tune the car to around 500ish so NISMO AFM's were always on the cards. Better to just get it done now I suppose.
As for mapping I understand that it was done at Abbey at the beginning of the year.

TT

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If the values are Zero it 'usually' means the map is locked.

Rob

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Steve, will be booking it into Abbey for a map tweak soon anyway when my new Nismo AFM's arrive from Japan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan .

TT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts