GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be a dumb ass question but im currently sourcing a power FC,how easy it to install,more than likely wont be brand new so doubt it will come with any form of a guide!:runaway:

So is it just a straight swap for the factory ecu? any sppecial i should know about?!?

cheeeeeeeeers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah straight swap for standard ecu, plugs straight in. Will obviously require mapping. Mine was brand new, just plugged it in scaled injectors down to suit my 550's then drove it very slowly and carefully to THOR.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
The ECU is behind the trim panel to the left of the passenger footwell, just unplug the loom and plug it back into the PowerFC :clap:

Then you probably want to do a master reset on it, to make sure its not doing anything silly.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
they do come with a base map on them I'm told but def need a full remap but boy will you smile afterward :D Had mine fitted about a month or two ago - made a big difference and best thing is you've got a good remappable ecu for when you have upgrades fitted so you can get the best from them :)

you may wanna save a bit of time and do a good half hour idle once or twice to help the pfc learn its initial settings:
10 mins cold idle
10 mins warm idle
10 mins high load (EVERYTHING ON, aircon, lights, cdplayer, heating) idle

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts