GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a power fc in my car now. I have the means to go HKS FCON V PRO before i get to England in February. Is there a shop that can tune the HKS FCON V PRO on my R32? Or should i stay with the Power FC? Looking to see who can tune what system better before i make the switch.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Ive had both the power Fc and the fcon on my stagea. (RB26 running 560ish) .
no question that the fcon is better than the power Fc imho in fact I changed the fc for the fcon.
You dont need afms and there is more adjustment and add ons like launch control

However as just previously said new ecus like the link and syvecs are now available (all things move on ) and I am now fitting a link
They are more money but you can then lose the cas and use a crank trigger system ; It will also run closed loop (so I am told) which I understand is safer.

There are many good GTR tuners who can do both . I would choose one and ask them for their opinion and go with their advice . Of course it depends what you are looking to do with your car.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I will never understand how people can buy the fcon. It's way overpriced for what you get and restricted to only very few tuners.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive had both the power Fc and the fcon on my stagea. (RB26 running 560ish) .
no question that the fcon is better than the power Fc imho in fact I changed the fc for the fcon.
You dont need afms and there is more adjustment and add ons like launch control

However as just previously said new ecus like the link and syvecs are now available (all things move on ) and I am now fitting a link
They are more money but you can then lose the cas and use a crank trigger system ; It will also run closed loop (so I am told) which I understand is safer.

There are many good GTR tuners who can do both . I would choose one and ask them for their opinion and go with their advice . Of course it depends what you are looking to do with your car.
Did you have your car tuned in England with the HKS? My car is being built right now. R33 motor, Tomei 8260 turbo kit. Tomei dumps, Tomei headers, Tomei poncams, tomei cam gears, tomei head gasket, tomei oil baffle, .5mm overbore, exhaust side ported, blitz ic, greddy profec 2 boost controlercontroler, fpr, fuel pump and 750cc inj. Looking for around 600hp.
The shop here can tune both, but recommend what tuners can tune out in England.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Use both, best of both worlds. Power FC with hand held controller to kep a watch on parameters and not the knock readings and F-con for the launch control and other optional great features.

It works out great.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Tuning is not that hard to come by. FCon is better than FC just because it's newer and has more options.

Also, Brains is right as it comes to the fact that there are much, much newer ECU's that are easier to tune, but they will also be more expensive ofcourse!

We can do the FCon and FC ECU's no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts