GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my car from the body shop and it has an intermitant fault now

every so often the car will die whilst on throttle for a few seconds and then come back on for a few,this lasts for a few minutes

whilst this happening the apexi boost soilnoid is clicking like mad

anybody got any ideas?:bawling:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I`ve seen problems with a couple of R32s where the main ECU plug is slightly loose. Crude fix was a couple of long cable ties and making sure the bolt is nice and tight.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Dont know about the relay clicking but have you checked the AFMs are ok? might be the cause of the reving problem.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
forgot to metion

when the car is playing up it will drive as long as the rev's do not go past 2000rpm:confused:
I have had the same problem with mine in the past:bawling:

Had to fit the original ECU & have the Apexi remapped:eek:

Hope it's not the same problem for you.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:eek: did you have same problem with the boost solinoid clicking?

if i switch off the car whilst it is playing up,and turn the ignition back on the solinoid will still click like mad,and continue when i start the engine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
:eek: did you have same problem with the boost solinoid clicking?

if i switch off the car whilst it is playing up,and turn the ignition back on the solinoid will still click like mad,and continue when i start the engine:rolleyes:
No I don't think I did, I did not have the Apexi boost controller fitted with the power FC. But it turned out that the PFC had defaulted to think it had, even though I had a separate boost controller.
:confused:

Dave.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like the same symptoms as mine has got well the intermittent lack of power . The afm,s were cleaned and plugs to the afm's cleaned so the car was ok for a 500 mile journey but has started doing it again so let us know how u get on. Was thinking of greers as well its only 20miles up the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts