GTR Forum banner

Questimate of power, standard r33gtr litmiters removed and running just over a bar

• 280-320

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 320-370

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • 370-400

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • 400+

Votes: 5 6.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Many of you bright individuals who have been here before may have an idea. What sort of power may i expect with the following
r33 gtr
pod filters, 4" exhaust, fuel pressure reg, mines ecu, 98 octane, and a little over a bar of boost. any ideas would be appreciated.
cheers

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
that spec will give you approx 320 - 330 at the HUBS

whatever % transmission loss your rolling road fancies will give you your pub figure

mook

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
raise the boost on that spec to 1.3bar, add injectors to keep up, map it well, and then where would you be at the flywheel?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Looking for the ceramic turbine blade that's been spat out the back of the exhaust, thats presuming the ceramic particles haven't trashed your engine when you backed off. LOL
lol.

turn it up to 2bar and youll be lookin for the phone book to call the nearest tuner!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
sorry captain mate, couldnt resist. take my hat off to you for havin the balls to do it and share the experience though... hope it works longer this time for you..................

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
no sweat mate, and amazingly enough, the turbos are more or less ok - a little leakage from the rear but no shaft play on either and both impeller and exhaust wheels look fine (although possibly microscopically fractured, who knows?).

was a damned good excuse to get in on the 2860 group buy though - the missus was the only reason I hadn't gotten big turbos to begin with, but fear of blowing the engine again (and incurring even greater costs) has ironically given me carte blanche with this build. So it's really hard to say that I regret it - as a result I got to buy the parts I've always wanted to do in the first place.

I'm guessing, from fuel pressure, injector duty data, etc, that I managed to get somewhere around 450-500hp at the flywheel with those stock turbos. Definitely fun while it lasted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.