GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i have a r32 gtr, and it has lightened power steering, and i mean stupidly light, well i like it like that and aparently its something to do with blocking off one of the valves to allow lighter steering for drifting, (which is how the car started out in japan)

but the other day i was on my way down to rk tuning when suddenly the steering just become heavier and it dosent feel right at all, now ive checked all the hoses, and the pump, oil, everything seems to be ok, BUT looking under the car whicl on axels and saw theres oil from the lower right side (looking straight on at the car) bellow the ps oil tank, yet no leaks from the actual tank its self from what i can see,

any ideas?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It'll be an electrical fault. In the R32 GTR workshop manual there are flow diagrams to fix faults like that. It might be worth checking the HICAS ECU plugs are firmly plugged in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but the car has had the hicas removal bar put in the back, would this change anything?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i wouldnt look at the HICAS side of things, I would look for the electrical wires to the pump itself. I am correct it is a 3 wire sensor which is positive negative and also a speed sensor. The faster you go the heavier the steering which is a safety thing.

So it sounds like a electrical problem in that system.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers people, just having a butchers through the workshop manual and its given a list of things that it could be, ranging from a simple bloackage to the control valve gone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts