GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Having problems with my Power steering belt jumping of once backing out of the throttle around 4-5000 rpm! I think its as a result of fitting a crank dampener pulley!

Fitted a pulley tensioner supplied by Abbey but its still jumping off, so looking for alternative suggestions please!?!

What are you doing?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Had the same isues when using a dogbox... Use a hks kevlar belt that streches less and up the tension on the belt to the upper limit as per manual ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could someone confirm, an under size pulley would it under drive the pump, or over drive the pump, and what are the benefits?

I was thinking of trying a high sided pulley wheel, but there is no clearance between the stock wheel and the PS oil line, so a high sided pulley would touch the oil pipe, but if the pulley diameter was smaller than stock and the walls were the same size, this would achieve the same result (higher walls) right? But my logic says the pump spindle would be rotating faster!?!

·
Registered
336 Posts
This may sound condescending & obvious, but when tightening the belt, are you spinning the engine over even for a couple of seconds to allow the slack to accumulate? Then check again for free play, adjust again & do it as many times as it takes to get it consistently taut. You should be checking deflection at the largest span between two pulleys.

By all means don't over tighten it, but new belts stretch & require re-tightening.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
ATI only needs a rebuild once every 10 years.

I just did my HKS ATI with new O ring kit and also swapped to an AEM trigger shell.
It was much easier than I expected.

I would really check the alignment

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine jumps off at 8000rpm. Heard it was an issue with R32's. Alignment on mine has been checked. Would have thought ATI pulley would improve things though. That is my next upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts