GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interested to no what power people have achieved at what boost pressure, matt j has the best power vs boost pressure I've seen on any rb so interested to see what others have done

Here's mine

Borg Warner efr9180 280 10.06 cams 2.2bar 805 bhp

Would love to hear from ludders and Dave g on what there cars produce

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
And should you not be measuring torque and RPM not power as power is the rate of doing work but torque are engine outputs?
If so, my RB30 produces 600lbs ft at 6500rpm.

·
Following EJH#25
6,837 Posts
A smidge over 1100 on Race Gas at 1.7 Bar Dan, most often we only run 1.5 on the road.
I've not yet run 1.7 Bar on Race Gas at the strip.

I might be able to pull my data log from TOTB for the 143 mph run which shows the boost around 1.3-1.4 Bar spiking to 1.5 Bar boost due to the damaged turbo.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A smidge over 1100 on Race Gas at 1.7 Bar Dan, most often we only run 1.5 on the road.
I've not yet run 1.7 Bar on Race Gas at the strip.

I might be able to pull my data log from TOTB for the 143 mph run which shows the boost around 1.3-1.4 Bar spiking to 1.5 Bar boost due to the damaged turbo.

You ain't got to do that matt, you should be in for a good time then on decent surface full boost and nitrous

·
Following EJH#25
6,837 Posts
You ain't got to do that matt, you should be in for a good time then on decent surface full boost and nitrous
It's ok Dan, I have nothing to hide mate, I'm just sharing what I have been told and also providing evidence:

Here is the start of the log, you can see all the parameters I chose to log.
This is the car at idle.

This is the point I chose which shows peak boost.
And yes, I know my voltage drops to shit, the oil is too cold and inlet temps are saturating. All things I'm working on curing, slowly but surely.

As you can see, max manifold boost pressure is 1.5 Bar

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
This is going to depend on so many things and where the power (torque ) is required. especially whether it is track/drag car or is used on the road

My stagea has a 2.8 with -5s and cams set up for low down response as it isnt an out and out track car.
It makes 540ft lbs by around 4200rpm. max is 570 and 625bhp.
i think the boost was just between 1.5 and 1.6

Certainly far from the best power to boost ratio but it goes well enough

Getting more would only need a different turbo set up with a fuel system to suit

1 - 20 of 108 Posts