GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
Dan, can you answer this; what power does it take to get just shy of 1800kg (still with all spoilers and canards on) up the strip with terminals between 140-143 mph?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm on about the recognised chart that you don't believe.

There's to many variables tho matt, as you should no with your fully automated hoolinger that prob saves a good few tengths over 1/4 mile.

My car is around 700whp with it weighing 1700kg I should run a 9.95 then

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dan, can you answer this; what power does it take to get just shy of 1800kg (still with all spoilers and canards on) up the strip with terminals between 140-143 mph?

How's your car 1800kg Matt have you ever weighed it on corner scales?

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
There's to many variables tho matt, as you should no with your fully automated hoolinger that prob saves a good few tengths over 1/4 mile.

The holinger and tyres are a function of traction, the Terminal is a function of power. So your power should allow you to have a terminal of 134mph, whether you manage a 9.95 will depend on your traction.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Holinger won't make any difference to MPH..

I'd be very surprised if you got anywhere near a 9 sec run at that power,that chart for ET is for an absolute perfect launch/run..

Thats why MPH is a better measure of power not ET

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Dan, it either weighed less or had more power.
I'm not the only person who's pointed it out either.

It all boils down to dyno numbers tho Matt perhaps the dyno dynamics just read a lot lower than the rest of dynos and that Chart is based on higher reading dynos?

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
It all boils down to dyno numbers tho Matt perhaps the dyno dynamics just read a lot lower than the rest of dynos and that Chart is based on higher reading dynos?
No idea Dan, that chart has been accepted and used for years and it's what most people I know use as a guide. All I can say is it backs up what we saw on the dyno and pretty much most people at TOTB (that I know the specs/power of).

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
No idea Dan, that chart has been accepted and used for years and it's what most people I know use as a guide. All I can say is it backs up what we saw on the dyno and pretty much most people at TOTB (that I know the specs/power of).

Oh right Matt so the chart is close to Owens dyno, be intresting to see what speed mine runs on the strip to give us a idea to how a dyno dynamics compares

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
Oh right Matt so the chart is close to Owens dyno, be intresting to see what speed mine runs on the strip to give us a idea to how a dyno dynamics compares
Jeez Dan, if your car with you in it weighs 1700kg and you're running 700WHP you'll run terminals of 134mph. Forget the type of dyno, WHP is WHP.

3:17 for a good clip of my car showing the full interior, she's no stripped track car.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts