GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the forums and came across a couple of posts for cylinder 6 lean behaviour. I instantly became paranoid and went to the car and checked what datalogit had under settings 5.

Right now I'm running 45.1 on 4+5 and 45.2 on cylinder 6 with id1000 injectors. To me, this doesn't align with what I'm seeing so perhaps I should change this and adjust parts of the map that become too rich. I saw recommendations of going up to 3% on cylinder 6, 2% on 5 and 1% on 5.

That would give me 46.35, 45.09 and 45.45 which are pretty extreme changes. If anyone could clarify this for me; it's probably quite a tuning/map specific issue.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any thoughts? I was hoping to have a go setting it up today/this evening but I don't really want to mess around with changing different injector values as that could mask certain cylinders being lean.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
You'll never be REALLY sure unless you put EGT probes in all 6 exhaust manifold runners and log the data. Best you can do is get some advice from mappers with experience on RB's regarding this issue.

Anything else is just a fudge....IMHO. Im sure TABZ will be on later to give you EXACT advice on your query and the percentage values which to input into the PFC.

TT

·
Registered
451 Posts
it's not with EGT you see it, you can run individual AFR sensor on each exhaust port, and map car on each cilinder correction for best running.

but that's for more advanced ecu's

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'm just a little concerned that perhaps cylinder 6 on my map is not rich enough if I'm adding 45.0 to 1-3 then .1 for 4-5 and .2 for 6. That's all power FC can do for individual injector tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts