GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of the real world difference(s) between an Apex'i PowerFC and a PowerFC PRO? Reason I ask is that I seem to have been sent a PowerFC PRO (at least thats what the documentation/labels on the ECU denote) and was wondering what the actual difference is.

Do I have a PRO or do they all say "PRO" on it? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Hi Durzel,

I think (could be wrong, but remember reading something somewhere about it) the PRO version is a racing version of the PFC, it basically doesn't have any standard maps in it, and carries one or two extra features over the ordinary PFC like temperature correction.

Sorry if thats complete tosh, but you'll forgive me won't ya ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Durzel.

Is there any cost difference between the two.

I have just ordered one but didn't know there were
2 to choose form. (bet I get the wrong one, sods law
strikes again).

Did you get the hand controller & boost kit?

Who are you getting to map the car for you.

Cheers Tom.
:smokin:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JasonO - I had heard a bit about the PRO version, but didn't really know what was different between the two.

Slippery said:
Hi Durzel.

Is there any cost difference between the two.

I have just ordered one but didn't know there were
2 to choose form. (bet I get the wrong one, sods law
strikes again).

Did you get the hand controller & boost kit?

Who are you getting to map the car for you.

Cheers Tom.
:smokin:
Hi Tom,

I actually got mine through a Japanese contact of mine, who gave me a preferential rate - so I couldn't comment on the price difference. I did actually ask for the standard PowerFC, and that was what I presumed I was getting - I only noticed the "FC Pro" stickers on it after I'd got it. I'm gonna have a chat with APEX'i USA to find out if theres any definitive way I can be sure of which model I've got.

And yes, I got the hand controller + boost kit at the same time (package deal).

As for getting the map done - I've made several enquiries and will be chasing up the relevant parties shortly.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another bad thing is that all my documentation is in Japanese. :( I'm not sure if that is the case with units sourced through tuners directly, or APEX'i USA - but I suppose I'll have to print off the online English manuals :)

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Durzel,

The part No. for the standard PFC is 414-N011.

AFAIK there isn't a set of instructions in English for the Commander for the 32/33 GT-R available anywhere although there is .pdf set for the RX7 available.

Good choice btw. Are you fitting the boost kit yourself, it's pretty straight forward.

Peter.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks PeterE. :)

I notice from searches around the Web that there is also a 414-N001 part num. for BCNR32/33. Presumably thats the 1st gen one? Is there a great deal of difference between that and the newer version?

I probably wont be installing the boost kit myself, I'm pretty crap when it comes to that kind of thing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Durzel,

I'm sure with the PRO version it can be mapped with 'MAP' sensor, and you can do away with the Airflow meters.

Jason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts