GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that'll listen,

I smacked up one of my wheels last night on the R32... well when I say smacked up I went up a kerb and it's knackered the rim. Finaly found somewhere that reckon they might have a slim chance of repairing it but don't hold out much hope and will let me know.
I was planning on getting some new rims and tyres anyway but it looks like i'm gonna have to get them a bit sooner than i'd hoped. Ive been thinking about VolkTE37'S and LE37 T's, Blitz technospeeds and 5zigen Copse. What I was wondering was if anyone had any other suggestions that would look nice on a Veilside kitted R32??? and decent websites to check out???

Cheers in advance

Luke

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi Luke,

You probably know this already, but a lot of the wheels you can buy in the Uk don't fit on a '32, because of the offset.
They have to be imported from Japan, and I know that Mark at Abbey has a whole catalogue of goodies to choose from that will fit.

John

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Luke,

Volks racing wheels are extremely nice, very light weight and good looking.

In case you don't know, most of Japan's light weight alloy wheels are make by Volks racing, Nismo, TRD, Mazdaspeed, Versus, Sebring......to name a few..........

You can see all of Volks racing product in this website:

http://rayswheels.co.jp/contents/1.htm

It has prices, application, offset, size.........anything you want to know about them.

Good luck :)

Jeff

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
The TE37 are also available in magnesium alloy (very light) at 132,500 yen per wheel. The new 19 inch size should be out very soon....yummm!!:smokin:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That's right everyone, get ready to trade in the 2nd car/daily driver/family car for the 19 inches magnesium TE37 + tyres....hahaha :D

Actually my current 2nd car won't even pay for that set of rims and tyres........damn...... :(

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino,

Now that I think about it more, if the 19 MAG TE37 is as expensive as I think they would be, a set of 4 rims and tyres could cost more then some early R32 GTR in not so good condition........:eek: Scary!

But those rims look SO lovely on the silver R34 Z-tune :D

Jeff

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dem Wheels... again

John,

I had heard summit about that and have already spoken to Mark about possibilities.

Dirk,

Cheers for the offer but i'm an all or nothing sort of person so would rather not use the car until I have the wheels I want:)

Also... anyone know whose R32 it was at the Pod on the 24th of feb with the (i think they were) Mania Vortex??? They realy suited the car and I would assume they were a reasonable price??? Was wondering what size they were as didn't get a proper look, but I did notice the lacker looked like it was peeling a bit. Anyone got any more info???

Cheers

Luke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts