GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
What torque can this box handle and again how much will it be?

·
Following EJH#25
6,837 Posts
At £10k it's far too much IMHO and in competition with the likes of OSG which is a full gearbox, not just a set of helical gears/internals; at £6-7k and there's a huge gap in the market.

Just my 2p.

·
Registered
159 Posts
At £10k it's far too much IMHO and in competition with the likes of OSG which is a full gearbox, not just a set of helical gears/internals; at £6-7k and there's a huge gap in the market.

Just my 2p.
I was talking in USD. Not sure what that would be in Euro's.

·
Following EJH#25
6,837 Posts
They've already quoted over 1000bhp capability; that's a very strong box if it can take a launch too...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Any pics of the actual parts supplied shown out of that box case? Is everything internal with no extra sticky out bits so the box is no larger than before. What's the score with the input shaft, does it refer to the clutch centre shaft then being different or internal shaft? Pics of a 2wd gear linkage instal ?
That's about it :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Helical gears and 1000hp - if this can offer the same as a Hollinger at a more competitive price.. Also I guess it's newer technology, the other options Quaife and OSG have all been around for at least ten years.. Quaife is a straight cut gear set derived from a Dodge Viper and noisy as.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
679 Posts
downloaded the pdf it lists 5 ratios so is it a 5 speed or 6 speed lol

i do wonder why they dont do a 5 speed with thicker stronger gears rather than trying to cram an extra gear in

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I agree, if this turns out to be the same price or dearer than the OS88 it is going to price itself out of the market, there is a huge market for a sub 700hp, sub $10,000aud seq box for the Skyline GT-Rs, if it's more like $15,000aud/$20,000aud then it's just another choice between OS Giken OS88, Quaife 69g and possibly Holinger and Albins.
Surely if they have gone to the trouble of building it as a gear set to fit in the standard housing, then the manufacturing costs will be a lot less than all the others.

I bet they will sell hundreds of these if they are priced better.....if they aren't they will sell tens.....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Pricing will be released once we have calculated series production costs. If you download our Price List you can see the price of various sequential systems we supply to clients and customers .

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au//files/price lists/ppg price list 2015_web.pdf

Check out our Facebook page with the cars we supply around the world.

https://www.facebook.com/PFITZNERPERFORMANCEGEARBOXES

Any questions please email me direct or call .

E:[email protected]
T: +44 (0)7715110462 (UK)
E-mails sent Sir. No replies.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.