GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm interested to know if this 1000bhp+ PPG company have any proof/vids of this fitted to a car that's actually running a 1000+ bhp and what sort of driving style the tests have been carried out under?

granny style,
odd launches,
giving it death etc?? just like the engine can take the beating..

please could you elaborate further on this specific designed gearbox internals and not just put a vid up of the gearchanges up and down.

also due to the company being far far away in the land of OZ, if one was to break something ... how soon would a replacement part or repaired box be posted back out?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
As said earlier

what is the point of this thread without a price.

It's a given that if it does the job at the right price people ( inc moi) will buy one.

But with no real details it's just a waste of time which is a shame.

·
Registered
348 Posts
As mentioned before, any news this will be available for the r34 Gtr 6sp getrag, just bought a carbon prop so don't want to be swopping out for a uprated 5 speed (PPG conversion) as the carbon prop won't fit!

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
It's a waste of time buying the box with out any form of control. You buy a sequential ideally you have automation.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Why should i buy a gearbox for 13400usd if i get a box that is known for years and cheaper and i can sell my old box because i get a complete gearbox?

Where are the advance of this box against OS or Quaife?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
You can read about the technology we use in our systems and why we use it in the new Product Information Sheet . We work very closely with a company called Gill sensors , they work in F1 and various high end applications and we also embrace there unique technology to harness our gear position that allows previously unavalble data capture levels. Many things make a great gearbox and this is just one of the unique areas we excel . You can see a small comparison in the attached image . On the left the R35 GT-R that sees over 1800hp and 7 second passes , on the right the new R32 GT-R gear . The pictures tells its own story .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
don't know what your car is running Saif but vigorous tests need to be done to see if this gearbox is worthy and actually is capable of the power stated as per OP.

I'm aiming for 700bhp, and my engine has a very good test, but I'm willing to test it and send results back. Or they can give it to midlands performance and they test it on their 1000hp R32 monsters

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I don't think ppg will be short of people to test there boxes for free saif! I don't think your car would cut it tho saif a stock 5 speed don't have to much problems with 700!

Wants sending to rips for a test se if it last longer than the previous 6speed ppg getrag

Let Steve ka test it or mark berry

41 - 60 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.