GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason are being refused due to the model year on the major insurers stating 1992 as the year of manufacture. Anything prior to this date comes under custom insurance and quotes are starting at double an equiv 92 car.

Adrian Flux on the case but not sure where to go with this. Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
just got mine through flux, 1989 model.
they used equity red star although i did have to got fully comp. could try premium choice although i dont have a number they insured it few years ago just flux was cheaper for business use.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100% I have picked up a DVLA / Motor Insurers computer glitch.

All of the main insurers and comparison sites list the R32 GTR as model year 1992-1996. This is meaning that the drones / "computer says no" lot cannot function.

I wonder how to get this sorted. Surely you cant insure a 1989 car on a 1992 policy can you?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I just got a quote through Jeremy at Keith Michaels for a car I'm considering buying. 1991, fair few mods, 530 bhp, I'm 37 with 9 years NCB and one non-fault claim - £550.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lets see what they can do. I know there is something up as when I put my old J 91 R32 in for a quote the same thing happens... yet dean is happily driving that around and I insured it no problems... yet in 2009... no one will insure it as the "model year doesnt exist on the system sir"

b****** is what it is.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
For some reason are being refused due to the model year on the major insurers stating 1992 as the year of manufacture. Anything prior to this date comes under custom insurance and quotes are starting at double an equiv 92 car.

Adrian Flux on the case but not sure where to go with this. Ideas anyone?
R32s before 1992 had no side intrusion bars, perhaps if that is the reason, see if they will allow you to 'spec' up to 92 doors and get 92 r32 rates?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 91 had side intrusion bars as I saw them when my parking dings were being hammered out.

I don think thats the problem. Wherever the insurers import their data from is wrong is the problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I dont get that, were do insurance companys get the dates for years of manufacture. Surley they would have the information from Nissan etc which would tell them it was manufactured from 05/89 to 11/94

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For a smart Insurer this is a prime business opportunity... I wonder how many pre92 GTRs are out there that will struggle to get insurance due to this error. Try it... gocompare or admiral... tesco... etc.. they are all the same. The only 89-92 skyline on the system is a GTS

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keith Michaels "had no r32 GTR models on their system prior to 1992"

couldnt offer insurance and suggested Adrian Flux

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I got my quote from them 2 days ago. Speak to Jeremy. Their price was very good I thought.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CORRECTION - it was Allen and Allen who couldnt do it...

Jeremy just rang me (as if by magic).... down nearly another 50 quid...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.