GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTROC Pre Christmas Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit Track Day Sunday December 1st

After the mega successful track day on the 9th September, I can announce that we have negotiated the next one to be on Sunday 1st December at a special price of £229.00 per car for GTROC members. We will as usual have four Free of Charge Formula One pit garages if we get 15 cars.

It has a 102db drive by and 105db static noise restriction which proved to be satisfactory for everyone on the September trackday.

Please do not book directly through Silverstone as I have already reserved 15 places at the discounted price for GTROC members. This includes the £15.00 food vouchers and the free pit garages.

Please go to the GTR Owners Club website GTR Owners Club and buy the event through the shop which is under the section of Track Days.

Hopefully I have given all you Track addicts plenty of time to plan your diaries well in advance.

Jake Hill will as usual be available for Track Instruction and now being a Touring Car winner, you will get a 'Star in the Car' with you;)

Please add your names to the list below

01. nurburgringgtr

Book now ref Green Man Premier Inn Deal - The prices are £39.00 for a twin bedded room at the moment - see link below for details

Silverstone Hotels - Book Cheap Hotels In Silverstone - Premier Inn

Those intending to stay at the Green Man Premier Inn

01. nurburgringgtr - booked and paid for
02. Jake Hill - booked and paid for

Jake's fees will be as follows even though he is now a BTCC Touring Car winner - they haven't changed:

30 minutes instruction in your own car £30
60 minutes instruction in your own car £50
Full morning/ afternoon instruction in your own car £150

Jake Hill Instruction bookings (provisional times as a guideline)

09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25
11.30 - 12.30
12.35 - 13.05
Lunch break
14.00 - 14.30
14.35 - 15.35
15.40 - 16.10

Please add your names accordingly for the tuition

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
You can bring your Colt I suppose:eek:
thinking more the mini so you'd have a chance lol

put me down for me plus one driver with jake hill tuition for both and a shared twin room the evening before please

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend guys as:

1) My car is not finished.
2) My second sprog is due to pop out within a couple of days of the track day, so being so far away may not be sensible. ;)

So I'll be there in 2014. :)

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is an option in the shop for your first track day £99, can i use that for this?
This is only available at Brands Hatch on the Indy circuit at certain MSV track days.

This Silverstone GP trackday is the fixed discounted price which is from 9am until dark!

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some of us are already there on 10th November,,,, Did you wish to change it :)
I did post up that this date clashed with the GTROC Annual General Meeting and Awards Dinner at the RAC.

On this occasion I will not be there and if you have booked through Silverstone, I will make sure that you are all looked after by the organisers.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can only see Oulton Park on there? edit: I hadn't logged in, now I can see it :D

Much as I'd like to try the car on track, the likelihood of it being wet if far too great for me having experienced the car aquaplaning on the motorway the other weekend I don't think I want to risk it :(
You are right, Silverstone GP on December 1st has disappeared. I will get it recovered and put back in its rightful place!

I agree about the weather, but last year it was fine and the year before it was a bit dodgy. Normally we have a bit of a social the evening before (without too much alcohol) and some fun on the famous Grand Prix Circuit from the Wing Formula One pits the next day.

However, I have noticed the Premier Inn at Silverstone have clocked this event and put their prices up to £96!. I am now looking for an alternative within 10 miles that is under £50 a night.

Would be good to see you there

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Is this on 1st or 10th Nov, would prefer 10th Nov purely for better chance on Weather. If weather's poor on 10th we can do 1st Dec and see if it's any better!

Anders

·
Registered
196 Posts
John, Can you add me to the 1st of Dec if it is happening? I am doing the 10th of November as well...you will be missed.....

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anthony, I fear I am stretching myself too thinly sometimes:runaway:

I will see you next Tuesday at Brands Hatch. Should be there early now as I am staying at the Brands Hatch Thistle Hotel Monday night (storms allowing)

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought we had lost you off the radar mate!

This is neither the 1st or 10th November but the 1st December 2013. The 1st Nov isn't a trackday and the 10th clashes with the GTROC Grand Awards Dinner and AGM at the RAC Club. I have to be at the AGM and awards, and surprised that you are not putting in an appearance at such a prestigious event.

I have been reliably informed that the weather will happen on the 1st December:D

Is this on 1st or 10th Nov, would prefer 10th Nov purely for better chance on Weather. If weather's poor on 10th we can do 1st Dec and see if it's any better!

Anders

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Green Man Premier Inn price hike - Now offering a Unique experience at the Silverstone Snoozebox

GTROC Pre Christmas Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit Track Day Sunday December 1st

After the mega successful track day on the 9th September, I can announce that we have negotiated the next one to be on Sunday 1st December at a special price of £229.00 per car for GTROC members. We will as usual have four Free of Charge Formula One pit garages if we get 15 cars.

It has a 102db drive by and 105db static noise restriction which proved to be satisfactory for everyone on the September trackday.

Please do not book directly through Silverstone as I have already reserved 15 places at the discounted price for GTROC members. This includes the £15.00 food vouchers and the free pit garages.

Please go to the GTR Owners Club website GTR Owners Club and buy the event through the shop which is under the section of Track Days.

Hopefully I have given all you Track addicts plenty of time to plan your diaries well in advance.

Jake Hill will as usual be available for Track Instruction and now being a Touring Car winner, you will get a 'Star in the Car' with you;)

Please add your names to the list below

01. nurburgringgtr
02. Paul Walker pwpro +1
03. ants101

Book now ref Silverstone Snoozebox at £55 for a twin bedded room at the moment - see link below for details

Booking.com: Snoozebox Silverstone Hotel , Silverstone, United Kingdom - 91 Guest reviews . Book your hotel now!

Those intending to stay at the Snoozebox Silverstone

01. nurburgringgtr - booked and paid for
02. Jake Hill - booked and paid for
03. Paul Walker +1
04. ants101

Jake's fees will be as follows even though he is now a BTCC Touring Car winner - they haven't changed:

30 minutes instruction in your own car £30
60 minutes instruction in your own car £50
Full morning/ afternoon instruction in your own car £150

Jake Hill Instruction bookings (provisional times as a guideline)

09.45 - 10.15 Paul Walker
10.20 - 10.50 +1
10.55 - 11.25 nurburgringgtr
11.30 - 12.30
12.35 - 13.05
Lunch break
14.00 - 14.30
14.35 - 15.35
15.40 - 16.10

Please add your names accordingly for the tuition

1 - 20 of 103 Posts