GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone managed to pressure bleed the brakes on a skyline with a BM57? I may need to bastardise the cap to pit the pipe work for the pressure kit. Just a whole lot easier having done it on past cars.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Get a spare cap and put a nipple in for the pipework, use that just for bleeding then put the proper cap back on.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was thinking also. Anyone with FAST can get me a part number? Mine is the yellow cap as per the R34's

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
on most pressure bleeders there's a clamp style thingie, it did it's job ok for me several times in the past ;) put some rags around the BMC to stop potential brakefluid running down your enginebay and get it over with as quick as possible :D

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used it on an my old Toyota worked a treat no air bubbles and very good pedal feel. I have changed my fluid to Castrol SRF bleed the brakes using a one man bleeding kit with a one way valve and the brakes are spongy with still some air in the system. Previously I had a helper so wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I've tried what RJT suggested, using my trusty gunson ezibleed, I have a spare cap with a union fitted but unfortunately the cap doesn't actually seal to the reservior fully by design (the top of the reservoir has notches). So you don't get good pressure and sometimes you get fluid passing the cap seal. I also tried the optional clampy kit that you can get for the ezibleed kit but that failed for the same reason.

I tend use a hand vacuum pump at the caliper bleed nipple which works great.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the same kit I have a gunsons one. Shame about the cap not being airtight, how about wrapping a loat of ptfe tape around the thread and then putting the cap on? will need to take a better look at the cap and fitting.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I didn't use a cap, I bled mine with a clamp-on universal fitting for my pressure bleeder (don't have pictures on my phone but they're in one of my old threads about pressure bleeding). Worked a treat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts