GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a huge trust 115mm thick twin entry - single exit intercooler, i only need a single entry and single exit as i have single turbo now..

anyway, i have tried to sell this on forum with no luck about a year ago, it has a small dent in it....but i am assured its fine for holding pressure.

where can i get this pressure tested ?

i was thinking of either putting it up for sale again with the pressure test result, or welding up the second entry inlet and using it as upgrade, i have a r34gtr nissan intercooler at the moment running 600bhp+ fine, but id like to up the power ! [800+ possible]

so anyone know closest place to pressure test this to brighton? west sussex? and what should i be charged ? £

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Simple way is to use tin cans of the right diameter fastened in to each hole with the usual silicone hoses and jubilee clips. Drill a hole in one can and put a normal tyre valve in it (before you fix it to the intercooler) then pump up with a foot pump or bicycle pump that has a pressure gauge - a few psi is enough - check if the pressure is dropping - use soapy water to check any possible leak locations. I've done this with intercooler and piping in a car before.

Why not get a y pipe made up for the inlet side. If you block one inlet the flow won't be too good through the core.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some useful info there thanks, :thumbsup:

shame cant do an InterCooler swap with someone on forum [a single in-single out for my twin in-single out] as this would be perfect for someone with big twins......[2860-5 or hks2530+bigger] ;)

apart from adding a little weight :blahblah: i suppose a y-pipe would be ok :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You could always cut off the end tank and get a new one made :) You'll need someone handy with a TIG though.

Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts