GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or have used gtr prices shot up the last few months? It seems now that its a struggle to get a 2010 with low milage for under 43k whereas 6 months ago you could pick one up for 37/38k

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Seems to me that they are 10% more in the summer than winter.
This gets asked about one per month!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have just bought one but several that I had my eye on initially have dropped in price. There is one with 4500 miles on that was £55k and now its down to £52k

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I thought the prices had gone up slightly as well.... the 2009 cars seem to be getting closer to the 38-40K mark again.
I'm not complaining :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aye not complaining either as about to list mine for sale. Any idea what the situation is with personalised plates, can initiate the transfer then sell or do i need to wait for confirmation first?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'm not complaining :D
I am...... LOL

I want to buy a 2011 in Sept for my birthday (I deserve it I think) and if the older cars keep going up so will the youngens Grrrrrrrrrr

Might end up actually going 2010 and jumping straight to the 650R conversion straight off ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am...... LOL

I want to buy a 2011 in Sept for my birthday (I deserve it I think) and if the older cars keep going up so will the youngens Grrrrrrrrrr

Might end up actually going 2010 and jumping straight to the 650R conversion straight off ;)
Ive got a black 2010 (black edition) 26k, totally stock apart from MPSS all round, litchfields warranty, excellent condition that may be for sale imminently ;-)

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
skylines always went up in summer no difference with the GTR

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Best time to buy an R35 is always late Autumn or Winter.
More for sale due to people not using them, so more competition and lower prices.

Then they go up again Spring/Summer.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Aye not complaining either as about to list mine for sale. Any idea what the situation is with personalised plates, can initiate the transfer then sell or do i need to wait for confirmation first?
Transfer the original plate back to the car before you sell it and put the private one on a retainer or on another car if you can. Otherwise, the plate transfers to the new owner and they then have to retain it for you or nominate you as keeper of the plate but you'd have to put it straight on a car or else it would still be theirs come renewal time.

Still got the private plate on retention from when I bought the Evo. I'm honest and am keeping it for the owner but not everyone out there would do that ...

·
Registered
111 Posts
The GTR has to be one of the slowest depreciating cars I've ever seen. Low production numbers and modifying will hopefully keep the price of clean original examples high as I save for my next car

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just bought 2nd GTR last month and prices are higher than last April when I bought my first one by a couple of k. Just sold m3 csl after 8 years of ownership doubled the mileage and didn't make a loss hopefully this GTR will be the same.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Were you not tempted to keep the CSL as an investment? Amazing car, but unfortunately performance has moved on...a lot.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Were you not tempted to keep the CSL as an investment? Amazing car, but unfortunately performance has moved on...a lot.
Bought GTR as a trial for couple of months with intention of selling GTR or csl. A year later couldn't decide so put both up for sale GTR sold first ended up buying e46 m3 and moving uprated suspension and brakes from csl on to M3 making it an out and out track car. CSL became a bit redundant and got a good offer on it so sold it as well. Then bought another GTR last month as a daily car.
Performance has moved on but I was a second quicker in the csl on track compare to my stage 2 GTR at my local track. GTR is a lot faster on the road and far superior road car but needs a bit work to catch csl through twisties. Both great cars !!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Yeah, mine is now worth more than a Nismo ( and a lot lot better value for money)!!!! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts