GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With heavy heart unfortunately I will be selling my GTR soon... I'm currently approaching dealerships as I want to get a hassle free and quick sale but would appreciate if peeps could give me an idea what price should I be targetting?

Details of the car :
  • 59 plate Black Edition, 28,000 miles
  • Full Nissan service history and Litchfields history after warranty expired
  • Litchfields warranty until 1st of Feb 2014
  • Stage 1 (Litchfields) with Milltek y pipe /w upgraded gearbox software 2012
  • 48 months service done last month
  • Upgraded subwoofer (from this forum)
  • Reverse camera (Litchfields) with Nissan rear parking sensors
  • 4 new MPSS tyres (275/305) <800 miles on them
  • Steering lock and bellhousing done (receipts to prove)

Bad points :
  • Wheels need refurb (not very obvious, could get done by dealer I bought from if you near Cambridge)
  • Front splitter probably needs touching up

I am hoping to get around £35,000 but I guess that would be impossible from a dealership? Should I be happy with £33,000?

Any advice/thoughts welcomed! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'd have thought that a dealer would offer you more than £28k for it. Low 30's probably from a dealer.

If you hang on you would probably get £35k but you'd have to wait for the right buyer, should sell immediately at £32-33k.

I paid £35k in Feb for a 09, stage 1 with 5 months remaining Litchfield warranty albeit with only 12k on the clock. I think yours is worth that.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Warranty is transferable which is good (the Litchfield one)

I'd say £35k private / £33k trade (if PX) in would be about right. If a trader was to buy straight probably then around £30k if your not giving any business back in there direction towards a new car. Especially this time of year, it's not really 'GT-R season' that sort of car is more sought April - September where values creep up.

Aside from that it's Xmas a lot less trade in buying / selling cars anyway and in 21 days time the car in theory becomes 'another year old' as we hit 2014.

Pretty sure webuyanycar will make you an offer of £8000 and tell you it's the most amazing offer you'll get and should take it.

Whats next on your car list? Would it be fair to say / assume from your posts on the forum you never quite clicked with the GT-R with minor niggles and perhaps inability to use it to it's full potential due to UK roads etc? Its certainly not a car for everyone but least you can say you ticked that box and had one :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would have thought at the moment it's not the best time to sell.

£34-35K now seems realistic but April / May time I would have thought poss + £3k on that IF you can wait.

It is a 59 plate so is a "step up" in some peoples eyes from the 09 plate without the Nav etc.

You can always come down so don't set the bar too low, difficult to raise after the event :D

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try advertising it on here first, dealer would offer you about £28,000.
That sounds about right from a Merc dealer lol. Got offered that around a year ago :p

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have thought at the moment it's not the best time to sell.

£34-35K now seems realistic but April / May time I would have thought poss + £3k on that IF you can wait.

It is a 59 plate so is a "step up" in some peoples eyes from the 09 plate without the Nav etc.

You can always come down so don't set the bar too low, difficult to raise after the event :D
That's what I was thinking but it's a big gamble - the Litchfield warranty expires before May plus more mileage etc etc. A lot of interest but as always pricing is an issue :D

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are spot on Andy :) Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love the GTR and it's painful selling her but a must is a must. If I won the lottery without a doubt I will keep the GTR and keep spending the £££ required to keep her tip top whilst running another car as daily.

GTR performance wise for me is just out of this world but I have to be honest and say that there are some niggles here and there that I'm not comfortable with. Let's just say it has been a bitter sweet romance but everytime I plant the foot down the car never fails to give me a smile even when the day has been shite... :smokin: What can I say, for the price there's nothing else better you can buy out there but the GTR!

I'm looking at other more sensible options as replacement - currently a 09 E63 AMG and also a very nicely specced 11 plate S5 /w B&O which was unfortunately sold just before I call. Also looking at the newer IS-Fs.

Whats next on your car list? Would it be fair to say / assume from your posts on the forum you never quite clicked with the GT-R with minor niggles and perhaps inability to use it to it's full potential due to UK roads etc? Its certainly not a car for everyone but least you can say you ticked that box and had one :D

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I've sold and bought both my R35 GT-Rs on this forum and all four transactions have been trouble free.

Worth a try?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've sold and bought both my R35 GT-Rs on this forum and all four transactions have been trouble free.

Worth a try?
Definitely thinking about that too. I'm just trying a few dealerships at the moment and if that doesn't really work out I will advertise on this forum - would prefer if the car goes to someone who will cherish her.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Automotive Dreams in Birmingham seem to go through a few doing SOR's, worth a try? A member on here has brought from them and I've dealt with them trouble free so far.

Without wanting to make the SOR they charge public,it's not a great deal at all IMO!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Automotive Dreams in Birmingham seem to go through a few doing SOR's, worth a try? A member on here has brought from them and I've dealt with them trouble free so far.

Without wanting to make the SOR they charge public,it's not a great deal at all IMO!
Going to sound like a noob asking this but...what does SOR mean? :p

Saw a very nice RS5 but it's about 5k out of budget lol.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah ok. Nice M3 on Automotive Dreams too might make a cheeky enquiry :p

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I hate to say it, but all of the cars you've mentioned are in a different performance league to the GT-R.

I hope you'll be OK with the change.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Keep it, and stick a proper GTR engine in it from SVM
Say an 850R or more!! It will be like taking ownership of a Veyron
More smiles with money still in your pocket! :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hate to say it, but all of the cars you've mentioned are in a different performance league to the GT-R.

I hope you'll be OK with the change.
Yes, to be honest I realised no other car will replace the GTR in terms of performance unless I spend over 100k...

Just looking for something that will keep me happy until I've saved up enough to get myself another GTR and then unleash the mods.

I have big plans for the GTR but unfortunately finances doesn't really allow the plans to be carried out any time soon and I don't want to run the GTR on a shoestring so best sell while she is still in her prime condition...

I did do some man maths and if I do keep the current car I know I'll spend at least 1k next Feb for warranty...then pads and brakes...then Stage 5...you get the idea :p

1 - 20 of 89 Posts