GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure where to put this but figured here as it might be some thing you would want to put on your skyline!

Basically what would you value the plate at? I was offered £1200 at a petrol station for it about 5 years back but refused straight away due to me not wanting to sell.

However me friend has been asking me for years to sell it to him so i said i would get your views on what you think is a fair price! So what do you think would be fair?

I have owned for years L4 YOF

It looks well on jap imports when on a square plate and reads LAY OF

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
have you asked your mate what he would be willing to pay?

i think thats an awesome number plate and can go on to any car i would say around £3500

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you asked your mate what he would be willing to pay?

i think thats an awesome number plate and can go on to any car i would say around £3500

I asked him to make me an offer. He said he dont want to do that and for mr to get it valued in some way!

He dont want to pay to much and i dont want to pay to little. So i said i will stick it on here and he can see for himself what everyone thinks.

Thinks its the fairest way as it will show what people are willing to pay!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
This will suit a Hummer fine. Good plate. I would say it's worth about 1.5K.
You get a free valuation from newreg.com, or regtransefer.co.uk I invested on about 15 private plates last year, from DVLA sale. but coz of the crunch have not sold any.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i get you

there is no way i would let the number plate go for under £3500

just have a look on the market not many decent number plates about and the decent ones are asking stupid prices

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Seems simple enough to me-

You say you wont wont take less than £3500 (which is fair fair enough as its your plate)
To me then thats your price so just tell him that figure.

Of course valueing and actually selling a plate for hard cash are sometimes a lot different .

·
Registered
664 Posts
i think regtransfer.co.uk has a number plate valuation service, they'll even give you a certificate of valuation.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems simple enough to me-

You say you wont wont take less than £3500 (which is fair fair enough as its your plate)
To me then thats your price so just tell him that figure.

Of course valueing and actually selling a plate for hard cash are sometimes a lot different .

Think you have got mixed up with the posts RSV, i never said that. It was agent-x's advice to me not to sell for less than £3500.

Im going to work out the adverage price on here and offer the plate for that much :thumbsup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ive got a private plate which ive owned for 10 years + for Sale but no way as good as that plate, thats is a good plate to have /own.

My thoughts when selling my plate is that i would like the money I paid for it back, although I will try for a little profit :) , but unlike your Plate which would suit anyone / any car yours should make you some profit, on the assumption you did not pay heaps for it.

The suggestion earlier re a valuation on Reg transfers etc etc etc is a good place to start. :)

CJ

·
Registered
656 Posts
In my experience the valuations provided by newreg and regtransfers are a complete waste of time, and nothing like the prices they are advertising similar plates for.

I would be interested to hear what that say about this plate L4 YOF, and I'm willing to bet that they will say that it's worth just a few hundred quid, but they will be happy to market your plate at any price you want!

At the end of the day, it's worth as much as anyone is prepared to pay, simple as that.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Im going to work out the adverage price on here and offer the plate for that much :thumbsup:
That's the last thing you want to do!

I would advise you look for similar plates that are currently being advertised for sale, and use that as a starting point.

People on here will say that its worth this or that, but it's just their opinion, and opinions will vary wildly!

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
In my experience the valuations provided by newreg and regtransfers are a complete waste of time, and nothing like the prices they are advertising similar plates for.

I would be interested to hear what that say about this plate L4 YOF, and I'm willing to bet that they will say that it's worth just a few hundred quid, but they will be happy to market your plate at any price you want!

At the end of the day, it's worth as much as anyone is prepared to pay, simple as that.

Keep us posted.
totally agree with you

do not take the price newrerg or regtransfer give you

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Keep us posted.
They valued it at £1000 including all transfer fees. They will buy it off me direct so i dont have to wait for them to sell it on!

P.s the one place offered me £400 LOL

told them i would keep it! Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ermm yeh its worth £1000 tops :nervous:

ill buy it off of you for that price

Thats why i will be keeping it LOL.

I was guessing it was worth maybe £1500 but maybe more. I have had a good look around and cant find a plate i like or what i think is better for less than £3000 but i guess thats my personal choice?

Belive it or not you can buy the same plate but with a '8' or a '9' for a few hundered quid but when speaking to the reg people on the phone they said a '4' acts as a 'A' without messing with the number so this makes the plate worth 5x more. When i heard that i thought its worth more than the £1000 you have offered lol.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Thats why i will be keeping it LOL.

I was guessing it was worth maybe £1500 but maybe more. I have had a good look around and cant find a plate i like or what i think is better for less than £3000 but i guess thats my personal choice?

Belive it or not you can buy the same plate but with a '8' or a '9' for a few hundered quid but when speaking to the reg people on the phone they said a '4' acts as a 'A' without messing with the number so this makes the plate worth 5x more. When i heard that i thought its worth more than the £1000 you have offered lol.
lol was worth a try

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
tell you what, if someone to offer me £1500 they can have the plate :smokin:

Any less and its going on my car ! :chuckle:

I will put it in the forsale section

·
Registered
537 Posts
nice one for making this thread as ive got a number of plates on retention that ive bought over the last few years .

agent x whats the best valuation site ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts