GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing quite a few people are selling their semi road legal drag machines for new all out drag projects. Also current cars getting new US drag auto boxes and Tubular work.

Sounds like 2007 will be the biggest and best yet.

Santa pod (Europe's best drag strip) are introducing more events with the added benefit of competitive points up for graps. The begining of a drag series for the aftermarket. Watch out for forthcoming rules and regs.

------------

Dear all racers

I would like to take this opportunity in thanking you for your help and support within the 2006 jap scene here at Santa Pod Raceway.
Without your effort and hard work we would not have been able to improve and move the event on to the standard it has reached.

Below are the dates for the 2007 season:

The Fast Show Sun 25th March (testing weekend)
The Performance And Modified Car Show Sun 6th May (points round)
JAPSHOW Sun 24th June (points round)
Rotorstock III Sun 12th August (points round)
JAPSHOW FINALE Sun 7th October (points round)

As you can see we have added some extra dates by popular demand and this will allow a series to be put in operation. We can then introduce a points system to ensure we can crown an overall champion at the end of the season.

There are a set of rules being prepared for
General Safety and technical regulations
Class structure
This will be with you by the end of November early December in a separate e-mail.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and a safe and successful race season in 2007.

Best regards

Santa Pod Raceway

·
Registered
153 Posts
:D :D :D
That's what I was thinking .
Nothing agaist SumoPower or Duke Racing
But is there going to be any completly built Brit GTR's or just mail order 8second GTR's from Japan.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Oh, give it a rest

Built in the UK, built in Japan, bought in Japan and modified in the UK....yadda yadda yadda.

Who really gives a sh*t?... Oh, you do. Never mind.

I look forward to seeing Jap drag cars run in the UK. Past history irrelevant except to the pedants.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Built in the UK, built in Japan, bought in Japan and modified in the UK....yadda yadda yadda.

I look forward to seeing Jap drag cars run in the UK. Past history irrelevant except to the pedants.
As above, I just hope its competitive, and very good for spectators.

Good luck everybody.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts

Agree totally with you jae mate.

All Skylines are from Japan. Nearly all the tuning parts are from Japan.
Who gives a flying [email protected] were the car was built.
Just enjoy and stop trying to [email protected] it up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Both of those cars have had input from Japan. SumoPower use pretty much a crate engine from HKS and all ther supporting parts with it and alot HKS input in to how to run the car .
Duke Racing GTR imported from Japan been freshend up and on the 8 second run you had the Duke Racing Team over from Japan to give input and there services to show how the car should be run.

Australia's and NewZealand's 8 and 7 second GTR's may use Japanese tuning parts and what not .But the engine's and chassis development is all done by there own RacingTeams.
Reese and the H/T Team for example has campainged his car for about 4yrs thats car is completly N.Z built and prepared sure they use some Jap parts but they did all there own R&D and custom make alot of there own parts.You don't get ahead by copying other's
Glen Suckling : Same as Reese but with alot smaller budget

GTR700 completly same story as H/T Team built by CroydonRacingDevelopments in Sydney do all there own R&D yes the us alot more Jap Parts than Reese but the engine/drive train and chassis is done by them .

Nothing wrong with importing old drag GTR's from Japan and running them over in Britain. Just would'nt be as gratifying as someone elese has done all the work for you engine/chasiss/driveline wise.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Arrogance. Gotta admire it as I practice it too.

Just would'nt be as gratifying as someone else has done all the work for you engine/chasiss/driveline wise.
And you'd be speaking for every modifed Skyline owner on the planet? :rolleyes: This argument has been done to death with no resolution or progress. Leave it be. Some opinions are non-transformable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just because the sumo car has a HKS engine how exactly is it not a British built car?
Sure someone in japan built the engine, but it could have been built here, Aus, NZ or where ever all the cooling and turbos are still a work in progress, the rear subframe is a proven design which most people use around the world the rest of the car was all designed built and installed in the UK by two brothers with the help of some friends. Sorry but its in no way an imported drag car as it was a standard road car when it came over.

thanks
Alex

·
Registered
58 Posts
Both of those cars have had input from Japan. SumoPower use pretty much a crate engine from HKS and all ther supporting parts with it and alot HKS input in to how to run the car .
Duke Racing GTR imported from Japan been freshend up and on the 8 second run you had the Duke Racing Team over from Japan to give input and there services to show how the car should be run.
I was told that the sumo car is just a clone of the HKS car ???
i am also sure that it was the HKS Guys that mapped it.:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Totally agree with the pointless arguement, from a spectators point of view I enjoy watching the cars race regardless of where they were built etc

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Does it matter where the cars have been built?
If i can get an engine from TS/JUN/Tomei and save my self £xxx on buying the parts here then I surely thats common sense?
If i dont buy an ex demo car from a tuner as my next one i will defo be buying an engine from them and getting someone here to fit it.

Surely the gratifying thing is getting to drive these cars in their glory?
:bowdown1:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I thought I remembered seeing a Japanese version of me and Andy building the car when we were working on it but thought I was going mad, turns out there were 4 sets of hands helping create this car... Spooky!
Wonder why it took twice as long to build??:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rob,

You both looked Japanese when I was drinking beer out of a boot once ... ... .. ... or is that different?

Gaz (mo) 1

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
It's just like my insurance comapny !!! Is it an import sir ?? YES YOU T*SSER, ALL SKYLINES ARE BUILT IN JAPAN ECVEN TH ONES SUPPLIED BY THE ONLY "OFFICIAL" UK DEALER !!!

But as you say we use Jap & UK tuners, Jap and UK parts, does it really matter when you see one of the best cars in the world stuff the rest of the worlds best ??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts