GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has read my recent thread will see that the concensus of opinion is that the turbo shown is standard and not uprated. I has a sneaking suspicion that this may be the case and therefore had already ordered from member on here for a GTSt a "T3/T4 P trim, Comp A/R is 0.50 and the Turbine A/R is 0.64" turbo.

These were also for sale in another forum where the seller was asked:
"do these bolt straight on, no fuss? or will they require new exhaust, oil/water feeds?" and replied:
"IT bolts right up ....."

The turbo arrived today and I have copied some pictures below. What I know about cars and mechanical engineering can be written on the back of a postage stamp, but the fittings to my eye look nothng like the standard turbo that I have already got.

Is anymore able to venture an opinion on whether the turbo will "bolt right up"? Or have I bought yet another pup, I'd like some view before I approach the seller.

TIA
mf. (collector of Turbo's)

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well the compressor outlet will be pointing at the block for a start.Then the elbow flange looks wrong.No waste gate in the turbine housing ETC,etc

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
That looks like a GT30 turbine housing - the wastegate poppet lives in the backing plate that bolts to the turbine housing (nasty design as well!). I assume you don`t have the backplate?

Paul - hows things?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That turbo is a T3/T4 hybrid.

It has a T4 compressor with a T3 turbin and turbin housing. This turbo should fit the exhaust manifold but nothing else should be bolton I guess. And you would need a T3 wastegate actuator with fitting plate to use it with internal wastegate.

// Stefan

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Airtune said:
That turbo is a T3/T4 hybrid.

It has a T4 compressor with a T3 turbin and turbin housing. This turbo should fit the exhaust manifold but nothing else should be bolton I guess. And you would need a T3 wastegate actuator with fitting plate to use it with internal wastegate.

// Stefan
Correct,

I would be asking for a refund if you feel you were miss-lead.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahapartridge said:
Correct,

I would be asking for a refund if you feel you were miss-lead.
I have already tried that without success seehttp://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=58633 and am deafened by the silence of the response from the seller.

Anyway I now need to concentrate on making the best of a bad job and getting the necessary parts to fix what I have got to the car.

I think I'll let my tuner have the car and turbo and just let him get on with it.

Thanks for all the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts