GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I already have a problem with the GTR with only 1400 miles on the clock.:(

Popped home at lunch time and went to pull away from a junction and had no power or motion. Lifted the throttle re-applied and the car pulled away.

After work driving home in auto mode in 6th gear I floored the throttle and the car had no kick down. It eventually went down in the gears very slowly but had no power on kick down. Tried it a few times and it does the same thing.

I then tried it in manual mode and gear changes are fine but still lack of power. I looked at the boost gauge and the boost is rising gradually and seems to take forever to get to full boost. The car seems to have lost all power.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Would a boost issue cause the problem in auto mode?

I have no fault codes showing.

I have called Motorline but they are short on GTR technicians and the earliest they can see the car is on the 27th July 2009. They have asked me to call Glyn Hopkin's to see what they can do:(.

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben I haven't check for any loose hoses but will take a look. What I mean by no fault codes is there are no warning indicators on the dash. That's about as technical as I get.:eek:

·
Registered
565 Posts
John,

Might be well off here but could this be reduced power as in other makes to prevent damage?

I know my Scooby used to limit the boost if it detected knock and the ECU would only allow full boost again after x amount of time with no knock detected.

It could be some sort of "Limp Mode"????

Well worth getting the error codes properly checked.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
187 Posts
is it ok on gradual throttle? if not then may be the electronic throttle (??)
have you tried reving it in neutral? any difference?

im no expert just trying to give a few ideas

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Yup this will sort your problem...
Phone the autotrader, get your ad in and sell it before you really start to have a mojor financial loss.. then buy an r 32 gtr with 500hp.. more reliable - cheaper and more fun!
;)

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
the pickup from juction can be slow sometimes

when in 6th did you change down a few cogs?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi.

Did you buy your GTR from Motorline?? Seems pretty poor show if they can't take a look at it or run a diagnostic test prior to that!! Mine is on order from them and i'd be less than happy if such a major fault couldn't be addressed straight away!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup this will sort your problem...
Phone the autotrader, get your ad in and sell it before you really start to have a mojor financial loss.. then buy an r 32 gtr with 500hp.. more reliable - cheaper and more fun!
Very helpful.:rolleyes: If I wanted to by a classic car it wouldn't be a R32 GTR.

John,

Might be well off here but could this be reduced power as in other makes to prevent damage?

I know my Scooby used to limit the boost if it detected knock and the ECU would only allow full boost again after x amount of time with no knock detected.

It could be some sort of "Limp Mode"????

Well worth getting the error codes properly checked.

Regards

ScottyB
ScottyB I don't think the car is in 'Limp Mode' as there are no warning lights showing and the car can still achieve full boost but very slowly.

is it ok on gradual throttle? if not then may be the electronic throttle (??)
have you tried reving it in neutral? any difference?

im no expert just trying to give a few ideas
FlowersGTR the car revs fine in neutral. Under load even on gradual throttle the boost is still building slowly. Its better in manual but worse in auto mode.

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi.

Did you buy your GTR from Motorline?? Seems pretty poor show if they can't take a look at it or run a diagnostic test prior to that!! Mine is on order from them and i'd be less than happy if such a major fault couldn't be addressed straight away!
Waltong I didn't buy the car from Motorline but they did just complete my optimisation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me too, ordered mine through them, I know it's not there fault but thought they would at least ask you to pop in and have a look, fingers crossed it's only a small problem, best of luck.

Andy.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Skeletor.

Lets hope they can sort it and give a bit customer service too! I really feel Nissan UK should have armed some HPC's with a week at a charm school. The HPC's make most on the ongoing servicing and warranty work. I'll be taking mine to whoever treats me well!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Skeletor,

I would not mess about mate trying to diagnose the problem.

Call the break down/Concierge service, tell them to get their backside out and pick your car up in a curtain sided trailer TODAY and take it to the nearest HPC who can see it straight away. (Even original dealer regardless how far away they are since they sold you it)

Any further use could be causing damage that you may not be aware of.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
765 Posts
Skeletor,

I would not mess about mate trying to diagnose the problem.

Call the break down/Concierge service, tell them to get their backside out and pick your car up in a curtain sided trailer TODAY and take it to the nearest HPC who can see it straight away. (Even original dealer regardless how far away they are since they sold you it)

Any further use could be causing damage that you may not be aware of.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

ScottyB
What ScottyB said + 1. Get on the phone and shout - A LOT!.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Very helpful.:rolleyes: If I wanted to by a classic car it wouldn't be a R32 GTR.

-sorry John, that really wasn't very helpful but seemed funny at the time - i'm just jealous:eek:
Hope it's nothing serious - fingers crossed it won't be:)
Good luck with getting it sorted and getting your GTR smile back:smokin:
Sure you'll enjoy your car all the more once it's fit again!

Cheers:wavey:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Not on topic Skeletor but.....

Was it worth jumping from the X to the GTR?....still can't make up my mind.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Rate your HPC

Folks i posted a thread some days back suggesting a poll to rate your HPC......somehow!!!!! nobody could help setting that up. If you want the best Rate the rest..........

·
Registered
690 Posts
I agree....we need to rate the HPC's! I'm hearing some sorry tales on some of the threads. Nissan UK need to be aware of any problems as the number of HPC's is sparse enough as it is. I get the feeling i'll need to pre book my servicing months in advance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts