GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really need some help over here.... been facing an on and off issue with my ride. once in a while the engine will easily die off whenever I hit the clutch and when that happens, the car will be in a whole different mode and behave differently. It would:
1. Idle at rev speed around 1300 RPM
2. Engine die off easily whenever pressing down the clutch for stopping or changing gears.
3. Rev will be limited to around 2500 RPM on all gears (Rev cut feeling).
4. When idle, Airfuel ratio will be showing lean @ 20 and blinking on Apexi Auto Timer.
5. The car will jerk...
However, after restarting the car a few hours later, everything will be back to normal, but of course, not for long....
Any Idea? Been to some workshop, none of them seems to be giving me a satisfactory solutions......

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Do you have standard dump valves? (edit - just read further, point 3 does suggest AFMs I think, not that I have them myself)

·
Registered
199 Posts
+1 with the afm being the cause, I had a similar problem not long after I got my GTR and it turned out to afm problems.

Cheers

Gaz

3,665 Posts
Yes , if it gives the troubles like you has described it should log a fault in the ECU.

Where are you based as it needs a Nissan Consult to read the ECU, we do have one of these and carry AFM,s in stock.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts