GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after my oil pump failed im looking for a crankshaft.
ive posted in the wanted section i was just wondering if anyone had any suppliers i could ask.

cheers in advance i want the car back on the road a.s.a.p

seeing as ive only covered 300 miles in it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can order a new standard crank from nissan for a little under £700 Trade but you will also have to have new shells as well they are £83 for mains and bigend if its an r32 engine try getting an r33 crank as the oil drive collet on the end of the crank is longer and does not plit the oil pump as easly at high rev as i found out to my cost £1500 hope this helps

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers m8, i will ring them 2moro.
i found one in australia for £500 but shipping etc is gonna bring it up to around the same.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Make sure it's an undamaged or new one. Reground won't last 5 minutes!

Miguel.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
you can order a new standard crank from nissan for a little under £700 Trade but you will also have to have new shells as well they are £83 for mains and bigend if its an r32 engine try getting an r33 crank as the oil drive collet on the end of the crank is longer and does not plit the oil pump as easly at high rev as i found out to my cost £1500 hope this helps
My shells were around £200 and the crank £600. They only sell the R33 type now in the UK.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i rang nissan today £641.90 + vat
they said it could 4 weeks to come.

i also need a metal head gasket,any ideas ?

cheers john

·
Registered
717 Posts
make sure you get the metal head gasket set then at least you wont have to do the inlet gaskets if and when they fail as they tend to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts