GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I bought HKS Super Power Flow induction kit for my R33 GTR, and tried to fit the evil damned thing last night.

The destructions are in Japanese only, so I was just following the diagrams, which are not that far from useless.

Anyway, after a lot of fiddling, i sort of got them in. But I just can't get the things lined up right, and I can't get the metal bracket that goes between the pipes in place at all... it just doesn't seem to fit.

Has anyone got a close up picture of the setup, looking down onto the filters? Or any tips on how to align the things correctly?

Or, better still, is there anyone with Super Power Flow's on an R33 who lives anywhere near bedford?

Incidentally, is it normal for the dump valve to be about a hundred squillion times louder when you put an induction kit on?

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Induction kit and a recirculating rather than atmosphere dump valve in combination will normally produce a louder dump as the air blown back into the inlet system can be heard to make a "chuff" noise at the filter... Although this is from my *cough* SAAB experience, but probably applies on a Skyline too...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Jon,

I have one on fitted to my GTS-T Type M and I know things are a little different but it was quite easy to fit and went straight on... I did see some engine shots of a GTR with them fitted but can't quite remember where the picture was... I shall have a little look round for you today and try and get back to you! :)

Sorry,
Chris

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The dump valve sound is perfectly normal...

how's this ? i may be able to dig up another couple from different angles..

hth

Steve

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Steve, they're very useful.

Couple of questions...

1. Are the two pipes meant to be touching?

2. The bracket that attaches to the AFM/Pipe screws of the bottom pipe, which has a curvy thing, which is designed to hose clip to the rubber on the top pipe (if you know what i mean!).... is an "L" shaped bracket, one arm longer than the other. Is it the long arm attached to the AFM and the short arm onto the curvy bit? or the other way round? And which bolt on the AFM does it attach to?

Thanks for you help!!!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Mate,

I don't think the pipes are touching..

If you look at the bottom bracket in the second photo this may answer your question ?

I take it you are talking about the lower on in the picture as the other one bolts onto the AFM rather than the jubilee clip.. ?

/Steve

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not those clips...

my kit has 3 clamps overall. two of them are shown on your second pic, and one end of them bolts to the car.

But, as shown by my harcore artistic talents in the attached pic, there is a third clip between these two pipes on the underside. This is the one i can't for the life of me get to actually fit.

:eek:/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Jon,

unfortunately I don't have my car or camera in today so I can't do it yet, these piccies were on my laptop from a piece I wrote about how to fit the AVC-R boost controller.

I seem to remember the piece you mean as the two filters came out together when I'd undone the mounts and jubilee clips.

I am not even sure if you can see the bracket without taking the filters off.

perhaps it is worth speaking to the people you bought the kit from....

if you need me to have a go at getting the piccy for you I can have a go later tinight....

let me know.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts