GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation it is with great regret that i have to create this thread but the latest response from Newera has made it quite easy.

I need somewhere to vent my frustration and these are entirely my own opinions and based on my own experience but i will take on board all comments and responses.

Having only entered GTR ownership in October last year i was quite green and took on board all advice even that from Matty32. Once my R32 GTR was in my possession i needed a Bonnet Lip which Matty from Newera offered to sell me for £123 painted and a set of ARC BOV's for £195 which were used but brand new? Along with £43 shipping.

After 3 weeks or so the BOV's arrived (i'll come onto these later) and a couple of weeks later the Lip arrived, i thought the lip had taken so long as it was properly being prepped and painted etc so imagine my shock and horror when this arrived: -

Having looked at this pretty amatuer attempt at spraying i contacted Matty32 to let him know the lip was not very well painted only to be told 'we've sent out 100's of lips and never had a problem'. I let Matty know that i wasnt interested in the other lips but was concerned about the one i was sent, after a few more messages with no resolution being offered i was told to contact Miguel and unless i wanted to send it back to Japan there was nothing that could be done.

I showed the lip to Robbie from Valet Magic - being a professional detailer and paint expert even he was pretty horrified at the paint on the lip.

After a week and a half of trying to contact Miguel i finally got through and was told to send pictures of the item and that sending them to Japan is the only way to rectify the issue.

Anyway Matty and Miguel received the pictures to which the response was 'Looks like the underside only, which is only visible when the bonnet’s open. Still, it’s not perfect, but easy enough to rub down and repaint.. Have it sent back to us and I’ll get it sorted by the supplier and sent back to him. Will be a loss, but sometimes these things happen… (No refund due, since it’s our supplier’s prerogative to put it right).'

Which i thought was fair enough and happy with so imagine my 2nd shock and horror when i am told by Newera that they will not reimburse my return shipping fees to Japan??? So let me get this right Newera, i buy a part from you which is defective and yet i have to pay to send it back to you to fix so i end up paying more than the part is worth and I have to send it back to Japan when you have a rep here in the UK????

I thought there might be a valid reason why they wouldnt reimburse the return shipping costs but Miguel's response was - 'We don’t reimburse return costs, period.'

I cannot be the only person in the world who thinks that the above is unreasonable so please tell me if i have got the wrong end of the stick and no company in the world reimburses return costs?

I also had issues with the BOV's which i had to repair at my own cost and again was offered no solution by Newera.

Sorry for the lengthy post but i wanted to get all my points across and make sure i wasnt going senile and over-reacting? All thoughts welcomed, as i have told Newera a number of times i have normally heard good things about them maybe i just got unlucky or am i the only one to speak out?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
to be honest its pretty disgraceful not to reimburse the return costs especially with such a poor spray job but im not sure how the law is with this in japan but here the law states that the costs should be with the supplier i.e here newera as its a defective item if your unsure contact trading standards they are very helpful

thats said ive bought quite a bit of matty/newera recently only one things turned up so far and it was great condition and very quick delivery, but it was new though

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
While I feel your pain this is the risk you take when buying from overseas'

I suspect that it was initially cheaper to buy the item from Japan, rather than in the UK?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems,i have used Newera a fair bit and they have been good.
I will say though that getting parts has to be the most frustrating part of GTR ownership.

When i purchased an Autoselect strutbrace(Using another company not NEWERA) i made it very clear it was for an R33,when it arrived 6 weeks later and after paying import tax,it was the wrong one. So i had to send it back to Japan at my expense then wait another 5 weeks for it to arrive,then pay more import tax,the brace ended up costing me nearly £1OOO :eek:
I have not used that dealer since, so in the long run its their loss.
Sometimes we just get shafted.

·
Registered
26,772 Posts
Oh shock horror!!!!

Before you bought your 32 I even offered to view one with you to make sure it was a cook car

Look, the arcs work fine. And were new

The lip we said never had an issue.

It will be replaced, first time in seeing the paint quality like that

It's a shame you feel the need to post it on here

I'm currently in the departure lounge at gatwick

So don't say I'm not comitted

It's in our terms & conditions on refunds for freight

I to post back via parcel force is around£10

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
While I feel your pain this is the risk you take when buying from overseas'
As above........you have no rights....unless youve got a huge case to drag through international courts.

·
Registered
26,772 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems,i have used Newera a fair bit and they have been good.
I will say though that getting parts has to be the most frustrating part of GTR ownership
when i purchased an Autoselect strutbrace i made it very clear it was for an R33,when it arrived 6 weeks later and after paying import tax,it was the wrong one. So i had to send it back to Japan at my expense then wait another 5 weeks for it to arrive,then pay more import tax,the brace ended up costing me nearly £1OOO :eek:
I have not used that dealer since, so in the long run its their loss.
Sometimes we just get shafted.
Just to say they wasn't us Simon but rhd

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The paintjob is shit,ok.....the part itself is fine,so why not take it to the paintshop around the corner and give someone 20GBP to repaint it properly and ask Matty to make a nice discount on the next order......

Does make more sence then putting a thread up on the forum to discuss about shippingcosts:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
I didn't want to have to say this yet alone publically, but you leave me no choice now Vinay:

When I inspected the lip personally whilst packing it, I didn't see any runs in the paint. We usually check things like this before they go out precisely to avoid such problems. So how come there's runs on it now, I wonder? Did I miss this fault, perhaps? I thought not, but with all this fuss TBH don't know any more, but I'm usually good at spotting things like this...

I noted that you admitted on another thread to having very little experience with car work and although we supplied a new set of ARC dump valves, you did manage to damage a thread whilst fitting & "adjusting" it yourself. You then proceeded to send lots of PM's to Matt insisting we'd supplied you with a faulty (unused) BOV set.... Turns out the BOV set wasn't faulty after all but something was wrong with the way you'd installed it, but did you apologise at all to Matt for the many PM's you sent him & time you wasted that Newera has to pay a salary for?

So I'm not sure now how these runs are there TBH...
I do think you've over reacted especially as anybody with a bit of experience would sand off a paint-run and polish it flat with 800 grade wet & dry paper & suitable backing block in about 10 minutes. Is this really necessary though? When are you ever going to see this part of the lip?
When you open it and it's above your head with the bonnet stay on, perhaps, or when you're lying flat by the front of the car?
Do you think you're over reacting yet?

I've already said send it back for us to inspect and sent the address and yes, we'll have it put right & returned to you.

Despite the wasted time with the BOV issue now you caused - now you're trying to argue about a meagre cost of sending a 0.2kg (Packed) part to Japan, before we even get a chance to look at this ourselves...

Now because I won't agree to pay an unspecified cost - you come and post on the forum..

Just send the lip back to us, so we can check it and put it right & send it back again. I'm sorry to say though, from experience we won't want to deal with you again in future.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Forgot to add...

You wanted to send the BOV's back to Japan originally because ARC had manufactured them wrong or something... Glad to see you eventually (After around 25 PM's between you and Matt) figured out it wasn't ARC nor Newera's fault you'd fitted / adjusted them wrong...

You've wasted hours of Matt's time over this, so excuse me if I'm a bit irritated with this saga.

·
Registered
89 Posts
around 2 weeks ago RHD japan sent me a nismo r32 intercooler hard pipe kit.problem is i asked for a r34 intercooler hard pipe kit.i contacted RHD japan they said we are very,very sorry for the mix up in your order please send the wrong items back via RHDs account..and we will ship you the correct parts out
a.s.a.p..they arived 5 days later,at NO extra cost:)

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Thanks to both parties for putting their side across. I suggest discussing this offline now and I will lock this.

If any of the concerned parties want it reopened, please pm a mod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.