GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a gtst for about 11 years and was getting it ready to be back on the road when a gtr shell came up so thought i woud start a fresh project thread.
this will have gtst running gear and engine.
what im starting with.

done some already but its dark so ill update when i get pics

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Having done this exact project I can tell you about some of the issues you are going to face, things like gearbox cross member, front hubs and wiring differences.

Have a look for my project thread there are loads of pictures

Good luck and I can't wait to see the end result!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill be stripping my gtst to do this, ill use the gtst wiring loom, whats with the cross member? ill have a look

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
The gtr chassis has a cut out for the 4wd transfer box that the gtst doesn't so the gts cross member doesn't fit and the gtr cross member doesn't fit the gts gear box. You will need a custome one fabricating.

Also the gtr steering rack wiring doesn't have the same connections as the gts wiring loom so you either need to mod that or change the rack AND steering column. The front chassis rails have cut outs for the front driveshafts so you have to use the gtr sub frame.

The front drive shaft also holds in the wheel bearing so I just cut them down the cup and had them balanced.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Looks good mate I'll be watching this closely as I'm thinking of doing the same but with a r32 gtr shell as I want to reshell my rb25 det r32 gts into the gtr shell anyone out there done this before ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wonder how many years this will take ya pal.
Been waiting long enough for the gtst to come out and now looks like it never will lol
Good luck with it and hurry up this time lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will be this year wayne, my gtst was almost done just needed gtr rears welding on and this saves me doing that.
well i started removing the 3 ton of dynamat and managed to cut my hand, will finish and pic the progress soon

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it weighs a ton, my gtst had 6kg of it on each door, not weighed this yet but it will be around there. i will be running this down the drag strip and around tracks so any weight off will help

1 - 20 of 72 Posts