GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well - just to confirm I will never forget about the old girl ;)

Amazing really what's happened with her since 2005

To be honest when we decided to tub the rear end of the car & put a proper cage in that was specced to 7.5 secs I honestly never thought we would be worried about having to do anything with it again as at the time we were running 9.9's .

3 years later we ran 7.6's & reality dawned that we had a potential problem. So recently off the car went to be upgraded & it's virtually finished.

Now specced to 25.1E (6 seconds) basicaly meaning we can 100% run as fast as we physically could ever manage
Lots more to happen now - we are moving from the HKS T62R turbo with the help of a HUGE prototype turbo courtesy of Andy at AET.
We will also switch to methanol & basically go absolute balls out.

Huge thanks to all at Abbey Motorsport who have been just utterly fantastic for me over the last couple of years & are as hungry as ever to really push the boundries. It's a great partnership & they have just performed miracles with the car over the last few years & we are by no means finished yet:p

We will run the GTST in HKS competitions in 2010 & in any mainstream comps should we have any issues with the 350z

roll on sub 7.5's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Best of luck in 2010 mate...look forward to seeing you do well in both cars :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Daz - it's certainly going to be a busy & challenging year :nervous:

At least now we don't have to worry about the cage - hence the bigger turbo & switch to methanol - will take a while to get the car set up but we have plenty of history & datalogging so fingers crossed .

Just itching to get the 350 back out as i'm sure once we start to get our head around it, the car will be just incredible :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
damn you, were you not happy with the one mental car you have to run two! :D

Cant wait to see either of them out John!

Roll on next year!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:chuckle: i'm not getting any younger, the wife's moaning is getting louder, the boys are getting older & more expensive so have to do it while i can ....:p

I'm sure in 5 years, it will be game over, feet up, werthers originals in my pockets & some sort of hybrid on the drive .......:p

damn you, were you not happy with the one mental car you have to run two! :D

Cant wait to see either of them out John!

Roll on next year!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm sure in 5 years, it will be game over, feet up, werthers originals in my pockets & some sort of hybrid on the drive .......:p

lol, slippers and a pipe more like it :D, still going to run the RB then John ?

Smokey :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol - yep i can see slippers john :p

yes still 100% RB - would be sacrilege to run anything else :D

lol, slippers and a pipe more like it :D, still going to run the RB then John ?

Smokey :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hey that's great news can't wait to see her out, what will you do if she's faster than the 350z lol! The new cage looks amazing. Andy at AET is a top man he re-built my 2835s to better than new I'll bet that prototype turbo will be rather huge..

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
John, great news about the cage and the BIG MAHOOOOSIVE turbo :D

What did you 1st run in this car? Was it immediately bought and powered for 9.9s straight away or did you start with a stage 1 car and run 13s etc?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
:chuckle: i'm not getting any younger, the wife's moaning is getting louder, the boys are getting older & more expensive so have to do it while i can ....:p

Thats when you hand the seat to me my man your dancing partner :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was bog standard Cliff apart from a set of white AVS wheels.
First year upto 350 bhp & cracking road & occassional track day car & full weight.
Then in 2006 it started to get silly & has just got more sillier ever since:p

John, great news about the cage and the BIG MAHOOOOSIVE turbo :D

What did you 1st run in this car? Was it immediately bought and powered for 9.9s straight away or did you start with a stage 1 car and run 13s etc?

419 Posts
7 sec Skyline

I must say that I am looking forward to this no end......I think the methanol will be a little kinder and easier to work with......although having been working on the new fuel system the thought of 3000cc per cylinder injector capacity takes a bit of getting your head round and the fact that John does sub 1.2 sec 60fts,including changing gear, shows you what "G" the fuel pump has to cope with.
Defininately exciting times to come and as usual no shouting.....just long hours,plenty of enthusiasm and ,if lady luck smiles on us, good results.

Tony

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
T62 is a decent sized big bugger for sure :p
Have to say to HKS's credit that the T51 SPL & the T62R have been fantastic turbos & done exactly what they say on the tin - we have never had any hassles or issues with either & they have performed perfectly .

The new AET turbo is bloody massive even in comparison to the T62.
Will have to get some piccies up of it at some stage - be good to show the sizing differences between the T62 & new AET + both against a "normal" sized turbo.

I can only begin to imagine what size a T62 turbo is in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remember this old girl ? :)

Well she's just had her legs waxed, hair done & is now going on a spa break to get refreshed for the season ahead :smokin:

Completely rewired throughout, new turbo, switch to motec M800, switch to methanol, refreshed engine + a few other bits & pieces - will be interesting to see what she has left in the tank :)

Huge thanks to Tony, Mark & the guys at Abbey Motorsport who have & currently are working their behinds off to get her ready for March.
Lots of learning ahead with the revisions but we expect to move that time of 7.68 @ 178 mph on in 2010 !! :smokin:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I have been drolling over your engine today mate :).

1 - 20 of 59 Posts