GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Checked with the Mods and it’s all cool to post this project :thumbsup:

The Majority of you know the history of the Lemon from Japan to the UK so just like to share what’s going on with the car at the moment.

The project has been handed to Ron @ RK tuning to bring this legendary GTR back to its former glory.

All parts have been dropped to Rons and work should be starting very soon. I have asked him to take pictures throughout the build, as I’m not too far I’ll be popping over regularly to check up on its progress.

The engine is going in for a full overhaul; the shell is going to be dropped off to VicSell AutoBody just to tidy up the car.

Brief Spec

Displacement: 2.7l JUN prototype
Block: N1 24U
Pistons: Custom made forged pistons with thicker crowns
Crank: JUN Auto Billet Prototype Crank (specially made by JUN for the Lemon)
Connecting rods: JUN Auto I section
Oil system: DRY sump system, External oil pump, Dry sump oil tank
Head: Camshaft: Tomei (IN290°/EX290° with 11.50mm lift) Ported and polished head, Bronze valve guides, Tomei valve springs, Tomei buckets and retainers
Turbos: Newly overhauled Garret 3542 twin turbos! (Same spec as the European 4wd drag champion the GaiJin!)
Fuel system: 1200cc injectors, Jun fuel rail, 1500bhp+ capable Aeromotive pump, custom swirl pot, custom electric drain tank system (drains the tank with a flick of a switch)
Differentials: Cusco Carbon Diffs front and rear with Cusco larger diff covers
Drive train: OS 88 Giken 6 speed Sequential gearbox version 2 with Brand new Exedy triple plate
ECU: HKS Fcon Pro seperate maps for road/race fuel

Still in two minds what to do with the Interior leave it as it is (full street trim) or totally strip it with Carbon dash, proper roll cage, Stack dash...etc

Here’s a few pics/vids for those who are not familiar with the car, more updates to follow

Jeremy Clarkson drives the Jun Super Lemon on Top Gear

First 9 sec run driven by my man **** Begley

At TOTB Arabia

More recent pics

No engine in this pic hence 4X4 ride height :chuckle:

The build begins :)

Lots more pics and videos to follow over the coming weeks :thumbsup:

Opinions please shall I keep the wheels black or go back to Yellow :confused:

Ozz

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
have to admit Ozz i do like the yellow wheels personally, kept a good original look with the car and it is a good look!

good to see the work progressing on it :)

cant wait to see it back on the road. good man

i remember first seeing that driven by jeremy clarkson, reminds me of giles in the gold at north weald, tank slapper ;) haha

us shakespeare viewers know you can handle the boost so all is good and cant wait to see it evolve mate! has been too long, must come up for a catch up!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have to admit Ozz i do like the yellow wheels personally, kept a good original look with the car and it is a good look!

good to see the work progressing on it :)

cant wait to see it back on the road. good man

i remember first seeing that driven by jeremy clarkson, reminds me of giles in the gold at north weald, tank slapper ;) haha

us shakespeare viewers know you can handle the boost so all is good and cant wait to see it evolve mate! has been too long, must come up for a catch up!
Hello mate, where you been hiding!?

Yeah Shakespeare in the Drag R was interesting to say the least, learnt allot from it though so should be ready to attack the strip with the Lemon.

Pop down when u can mate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Nice to see you getting it back up and running Ozz. You know Ron will do you proud:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You gunner keep it road registered for the odd mental sunday afternoon?:D

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
lol, thats just hardcore! My brother picked me up from school in his viper and his lotus carltom (not at the same time lol) But being picked up in the lemon eclipses that:thumbsup:

if i was you my first trip would be to a KFC drive thru!:smokin::thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
Nice to see this will be ressurrected.:thumbsup:

What happened to the yellow wheels, you still got them?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
How much weight are you actually going to save by stripping the interior out? I think it takes away the whole original point of the car and takes away a massive part of a "street car". I say no and keep the interior.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Love it!!!
:)
bob

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice to see this will be ressurrected.:thumbsup:

What happened to the yellow wheels, you still got them?
They are the same wheels but **** had them re done in black, I think I remember him saying he wanted to change them back to yellow before we bought the car.

How much weight are you actually going to save by stripping the interior out? I think it takes away the whole original point of the car and takes away a massive part of a "street car". I say no and keep the interior.
Personally I’m more inclined towards keeping the interior for that exact reason it was built to be a full weight street car :thumbsup:

didnt even realise m6beg had got rid, so no top speed salt runs then?
Nothing planned at the moment but would like to better the standing mile top speed of 203mph

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ozz,

Good luck with it mate.......just gutted that we are soo busy at the moment and your too inpatient! LOL

Cant wait to see the lemon in action again.

Harry

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Harry,

Just to clarify the situation

I highly respect both tuners (TR racing and RK tuning) and would be equally happy with either tuner building the lemon or any other car in the future.

Ozz

1 - 20 of 229 Posts