GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a lot of patience, hair pulling, trial & error, kidnapping, harrassment, intimidation & some dam good luck on what could have been some colossal errors I can now reveal that stage one of this two stage project is now complete.

Stage one was concentrated on bodywork & cosmetics, though as far as the running gear was concerned we also wanted a solid reliable stage one set. This now done she is currently humming at a tasty 300 BHP.

Stage two will be focusing on the mechanics & the running gear of the car. Current plans may include a hybrid RB30, but as we're looking for balance & reliability this is currently under wraps :)

I'll let the pictures do the talking before the thank you's but a more detailed spec. list will be coming in the future as we're still fine tuning some bits like the seats etc :thumbsup:

So far I would first like to thank all the sponsers for their hard work, dedication, professionalism (no really Gary I mean it :p ) as well as their patience, understanding & temperance when dealing with a difficult, control freak type perfectionist b'stard like me :squintdan

Gary at JAPSALON - a legend in his own lunctime.
James at IP RACING - mister in built dynamo.
Ian at FLASHPLATES LTD - mister creative laid back!

Then I like to thank all those that have worked on my pride & joy in any capacity for their valued opinion, assistance, work or 'other type' help whether I listened to you or not :p

ABBEY MOTORSPORT - special mention to Scott for 'alloy' help & overworked but underpaid Dan on the Dyno :clap:
ORPINGTON CAR STEREO - to Jon & Martin.
WASH N WAX - very hard working & dedicated 'nice' people in Plymouth.

Lastly I would like to thank my long suffering girlfriend (though she loves cars & Skylines as much as I do :bowdown1:), family, bank manager, loan shark, the securitas depot in Tonbridge, the UK Underwater Hangliding Team & anyone else I bored to death or pestered with this project & or obtained components from. So far including :

SUMO POWER.
RISING SUN PERFORMANCE.
PLKETTLE off this forum along with COBRA.
WHIFBITZ.

STARS - One & all :squintdan

·
6,817 Posts
Oh yeah that looks awsome. Congratulations for the project.
I never saw quality pics of a R33 GTS DO-LUCK kit.:clap:

The car has real street presence.
What exactly has been done to the engine?

·
Registered
823 Posts
What front bumper is that. Looking good mate. I take it your happy?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
GeorgeGTR said:
Is that a serious question? especially straight after the quote:-
I never saw quality pics of a R33 GTS DO-LUCK kit.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
This is very amazing,ever tough i never like the "small" Skylines,but i have to say,this looks really:flame:

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Its never that sunny in Plymouth when i come home:mad:
Lovely looking car, i`ll keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
581 Posts
stunning job so far:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GeorgeGTR said:

In a nutshell yes :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paul creed said:
Is that a serious question? especially straight after the quote:-
As sharp as ever dude but the saying of words right out of my mouth spring to mind :squintdan

gtrlux said:
The car has real street presence.
What exactly has been done to the engine?
Without giving too much away at this stage a stage one completion was created with a MINES ecu, BLITZ boost controller, APEXI induction system & a few secret tweeks in preparation for stage two ...

MADsteve said:
If Batman was to pick a 'proper' car........................
After having a chuckle with Gary there from JAPSALON when I saw that post if you saw the original designs we had including the matt blue/black pearl paint then you get the idea why we chuckled :p

However money, time & some practicalness were needed so it was toned down from that, but we had that in idea trust me :) If I get six numbers or a large windfall though ... :squintdan

·
Registered
870 Posts
You have done a cracking job there, big fan of the DO-LUCK kit on an R33:cool:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bubble said:
big fan of the DO-LUCK kit on an R33:cool:

Me too, though I nearly had a JUN kit ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
The name suits the look of the car 100%.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Came from Japan when the car was first brought over so not DO-LUCK & we have no idea unfortunately. However it is carbon fibre. The smaller one on the boot is a NISMO one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey!

Very nice, I have also fallen for the Do-Luck looks! :chuckle:

I take it that the bonnet are from Do-Luck also?

Will be very interesting to see what happens at stage 2 :p

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I take it that the bonnet are from Do-Luck also?

No its not DO-LUCK & I don't honestly know.

Gary at JAPSALON will do though as he sourced it for us.

Hope that helps.

:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts