26,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks

I do prefer it but it’s harder to clean in some ways

bonnet is different on my20 too

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi matty, do you regret buying your car due to COVID and restrictions we have in place and not knowing when it’s going to end and when we go back to normal life so we can enjoy the car to it’s full potential. My car is due to come in March or could also be in April. But I am a bit sceptical and in two minds now is it a good idea to buy one now.

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
i said previously when you were asking, i personally wouldn't have (and didn't as you know) buy a new one, for a couple of reasons, but this lockdown will continue for sometime, and working in healthcare, even when it does, this will not mean everyone can just re-set the clock by 18months. (sadly)

i dont regret buying it at all. I did check and ive done, just over 100 miles since purchasing it. Although i start it once a week to keep the battery topped up with a quick journey and get everything up to temp. (take it shopping for the weekly shop)

i dont regret buying any of the cars i have. The 32 ive owned now for just over 5 years and i have only driven it off the trailer. 1st drive maybe late spring id imagine, when the roads are better, etc but will just be a quick blast nothing else.

only you can decide if its the right time to buy the car you ordered.

for me buying a slightly used one, with a significant (in my view) discount was the right for me.

its never going to gain money, only loose it, at what rate, who knows.

i will also just add that the covid restrictions worked in my favour and the buying process was very easy and simple overall. i would have not changed how i bought the car even if we didnt have covid.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That’s good to hear but buying a new one saving me almost 8.5k through carwow. Not sure what significant discount can possibly be there on yours which is nearly new. Ok even if I consider similar to yours that it’s not going to be any less then 77-78k which is not significant discount to me personally. Even on autotrader 70 plate is around 80k plus and I suppose you can get it down to 78k but that’s very close to what I am paying for brand new. Am I missing something 😃?

I think buying a19 plate with around 5-6k on the clock for about 68k is significant because then you are saving yourself 20k plus

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I’m not discussing the exact price I paid for it, it was less than £80k obviously, but to answer your original question, no I dont regret buying it, even if it sits about like everyone else’s cars at the moment

enjoy your example when you get it

I’m expecting something else in bayside blue to arrive this month, so turning attention to that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks man. Mine is due in March according to dealership but I haven’t had any communication in terms of exact arrival date and I am pretty sure there is going to be a delay.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
It will be great to see them both together in the sun, both colours really come alive then.

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Gave it a wash today and threw in the new mats

gets detailed this week

5346CA87-AB2B-47BD-A876-02EF2B5EC042.jpeg

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yes of course it came with the original mats but I get the gtr owners ones as they are thicker abs better quality than the oem in my opinion

got them in the 32&34

plus 35 doesnt have a boot carpet mat as standard like this

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
1sr ever drive of the 32 today (see other project thread )

the 35 looks huge by comparison
FB67C763-2B31-4652-8B7E-856A3C46E1F0.jpeg

·
Registered
26,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Had the car detailed today by Stuart at auto genie (some of you may know him) trusted friend & day 2 is the R32

very happy with the result (as always )

D712CAE5-E2B7-4046-8112-B64A8E77BCAA.jpeg
A8C19269-C68C-4C1B-9448-2DCC86B003F8.jpeg
589E0E97-014C-43D5-BD20-A8F6C8D849D8.jpeg

61 - 80 of 82 Posts