GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning chaps,
Well the day has finally arrived and its my visit up to the lads at SVM to get my stage 3 GTR up to a SVM Stage 4.25. Currently sat in the customer area (working) and thought I'd post some initial info on the build. Yeah its been done before and yeah there's other GTRs in a far higher tune, but having been involved with SVM for the past couple of months I cannot begin to describe how genuine and friendly they are, which in the generation that we live in is few and far between when it comes to car tuners and having been to more than I can remember with previous cars I can honestly say that these guys have the best customer service by a country mile, which in my book is key to success. Granted there are other established and reputable tuners out there, and also closer to me, however I have been won over by their friendliness and "old school" customer focus
So having driven 170 miles I was Greeted by Amar on arrival this morning at 8:15 and introduced to the team and also Kevan. Coffee to hand and shown round the existing premises, which in itself is a fair size. Kevan then took me to the new development where SVM will move to later this year. All I can say is that you have to see it to appreciate the size and scale of what he & SVM are undertaking. Its a "Holy Fcuk" moment when you walk in to the main area...I have never in my many years on this earth been inside such a huge "garage" The scale and work that's being undertaken is staggering and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Kevan and the team as they together will build a truly exceptional, modern and high tech one stop shop for our GTRs, however the one thing that I know will remain is their ability to be happy, friendly and above all genuine together with caring about each customer regardless of how much they spend:bowdown1: Sitting in the customer area Amar has been in to see me several times making sure I am OK and offering endless amounts of coffee!!!

Got back from the new development and my car was up on the ramps and being worked on. Having the following done

1050 injectors
SVM 102mm zorst and non res Y pipe....Extra loud for my soon to be deaf neighbours:chuckle:
Heat wrapping of existing DPs
K&N High flow filters (on existing larger intakes - removing the foam ones:rolleyes:)
Re-map of existing EcuTeck V4
SVM front DRLs
Chrome indicator bulbs
6k white white High beam bulbs.

So why the Dark Destroyer. Well back in the 90s Nigel Ben was my hero, and I still have the utmost respect for him, albeit he is now living in Australia and retired from boxing many years ago. My car is dark grey and black so "The Dark Destroyer" was an apt name. Got some "Cheeky" decals being made and will post pics of the progress in due course. I'm staying over tonight and having dinner with Amar so no doubt car chats will be in abundance.

More to follow, suffice to say I'm like a boy in a toy shop here!!

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
123 Posts
Totally agree with your comments about the SVM lads and service, looking forward to seeing the pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys
Well the car is now officially "The Dark Destroyer":chuckle:

Spent Monday & Tuesday up at the SVM ranch with Amar and the lads. John & Mike worked on the car fitting all the required bits. Several tests by John and further mapping and it was decided that larger fuel pumps were needed. John said it was pretty rare for this type of conversion and that he could map the car down, but I didn't want that so he fitted larger motorsport pumps, remapped and I left the site at 17:30. OMG to say the 175 mile drive home to Dorking was epic is an understatement: chuckle:

I really wasn't expecting the car to sound and feel so different. the 102mm Non Res zorst has a real deep sound. Not for everyone as yeah there is an element of drone, however this is only between 2.5 & 3k....after that its odd as it almost goes silent, but when you hit the loud pedal...OMG it sounds mental....Car sounded good before with just the standard 76mm zorst but this has taken it to another level. So 10/10 for the Zorst and sound...I LOVE IT:cool:

The first thing I noticed about how it was driving was the pull in 6th gear....Jeeze its like your in 4th and it pushed me back in to the seat and I actually backed off as it really took me by surprise. OK I know there are a lot of GTRs out there in a far higher state of tune, but I am truly chuffed with how its changed the car. Savagely quick and huge amounts of Torque. This combined with the K&N High Flow filters roaring and the 102mm zorst has now satisfied my desires. I will not take it further as I really don't want to start going down the road of bigger turbos etc etc. I set out to go as far as possible without this and have reached that mark. I will now drive and enjoy the car.

A massive thanks to SVM. Amar is the sort of chap you want in ya corner. Confident and polite but never pushy and his attention to detail is what makes him such a great guy.

Kevan is just such a decent person. Took the time to show me the new development and spent 2-3 hours talking to me as a friend and not a customer. A genuine and honest guy.

John is a legend. A great tech and his GTR knowledge is staggering. He took so much time on my car and ensured it was perfect before he let me loose in it!!
Having watched him have the massive off at Brunters in Mad Medusa I have the utmost respect for him as it didn't stop him from competing in fast road races/triles.

Mike is also a great lad. He did my injectors, DRLs and zorst and a host of other bits. Nothing was too much trouble and his polite and friendly attitude again speaks volumes of the calibre of staff SVM employ.

Team SVM have made my dream a reality. To own a GTR is a great position to be in and I never thought the day would come. To have now reached that and have a car that to me is "Perfect" is a dream come true

Kevan, Amar, John, Mike and all at team SVM. I applaud you and you have another loyal customer that will not be taking his GTR anywhere else to be worked on.

Thank you all:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::

Cheers
Louie

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Louie, a pleasure meeting you :)

A few pictures of your GTR in the workshop.....:)

Bumper comes off to fit Large KN's (We not a fan of foam filters on a GTr as we have seen many break up)

While the Bumpers off we Fit Day light Running lights.

Your car came in with Down pipes not wrapped...SVM always like to see a little extra protection in this area.The bulk head and fuel line very close to the heat source,
it makes sense to wrap your Down pipes for piece of mind :)

That's better :)

SVM SS 102mm Exhaust fitted

Your chosen Black Tips looking cool :)

Fuel capacity was increased with SVM twin high pressure in-tank pumps and a set of ASNU injectors :)

That's better :)

Enjoy :)

and a personal thank-you from me.
KK

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yesterdays Tunnel Hoon.....The RS6 filming had an external Mic planted next to his exhaust......But the LOUD SVM 102mm zorst annihilated it...LOL

Big up to the SVM boys for making such a great sounding exhaust system!!!

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another clip....My GoPro died as I hadn't charged it....Was out on the Piss Sat night:chuckle:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bud....:chuckle:

Yeah it made me giggle as well and the chaps I was with (RS4 boys) couldn't believe how insanely loud it was!!!

SVM 102mm zorst is a worthy mod to any GTR:bowdown1::bowdown1:

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks dude:).......screams like a bahsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Think I'm gonna struggle next week as have a 2 day spell at Spa on 8th & 9th and me thinks that 105db limit is gonna be blown out da water!!!!:chuckle:

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

Think I'm gonna struggle next week as have a 2 day spell at Spa on 8th & 9th and me thinks that 105db limit is gonna be blown out da water!!!!:chuckle:

Cheers
Louie

Be careful at SPA. many a stock and tuned gtr has had it there due to the sweeping elevation changes is hard on oil/engine

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Ben
Thanks for the advice dude. Assuming I get on the track whats the recomendations.....couple of laps then in and give the engine a rest?
First I've heard of GTRs suffering at Spa???

Cheers

Louie

·
Registered
165 Posts

Cheers

Louie

Louie my exhaust was designed for track use alongside the manufacturer of the svm system. I have the 102mm with 90mm dp's and a silencer in place, passes all tests and above 4k rpm sounds amazing

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
So were the 1050 injectors too small, or is that what you eneded up with??

looks awesome by the way:thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the same set up but a non res Y pipe and I believe the back boxes are slightly different as I tola Amar I wanted it loud:chuckle:....I have a Db App on my phone so will give it a try when back home on Sunday :)

Louie my exhaust was designed for track use alongside the manufacturer of the svm system. I have the 102mm with 90mm dp's and a silencer in place, passes all tests and above 4k rpm sounds amazing

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks bud

No 1050 injectors replaced the OE ones:bowdown1:

So were the 1050 injectors too small, or is that what you eneded up with??

looks awesome by the way:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts