GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My girlfriend and I are in themarket for a GTR and your site is a fine resource for information.

I was almost put off by this thread I discovered elsewhere:

Buying Evo X, Cancelled Nissan GTR because of running cost - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

...but having read around these pages am reassured things aren't quite so expensive, especially with the service provided by Litchfield.

I doubt we would want to modify the car to increase performance as it's insane as it is and I can't see us tracking it either. Anyone else on here with the same philosophy? (not many of you from what I've read!). Anyway, looking forward to joining the fold over coming months.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I doubt we would want to modify the car to increase performance as it's insane as it is and I can't see us tracking it either. Anyone else on here with the same philosophy? (not many of you from what I've read!). Anyway, looking forward to joining the fold over coming months.
:wavey:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Given most cars are low mileage, the case on costs is still up in the air.

However, as you say, the independent route on service, seems to offer some relief on cost, and I dare say the same goes for parts.

In all fairness, dealer service costs are not unreasonable, but OEM/dealer sourced parts cost big money though; for example, auto - rear view mirror £1150, set of tyres £2,000 , front splitter £2,800 etc.

I haven't tracked or modded the car, and I do limited mileage; on that basis I think I can run my GTR for non-suicide money :D

But, moving almost 2 tonnes around, at such speed, is going to incur wear, so be prepared for it to be expensive to run.

Took someone out in mine today to show what it could do and they were gob-smacked.

It's a beast, get one :) :smokin:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hi and welcome

I have just tracked mine for the first time - I killed everything else on the track including a 430 Spyder and an R8 V10. The car is awesome, not cheap to run but nor is an FQ360/400. Prices on tyres and stuff will come down but like anything new it comes with a some unfair costs but HPCs do a service plan for 115 a month. If not credit cards are good, live for today, if you want one, buy one they are stunning cars.

Kp

·
Registered
198 Posts
''live for today, if you want one, buy one they are stunning cars''.

If you want one and you want to enjoy the car and push all its button it wont be cheap but it will be the all round best drive youll have,

Perminent grin on my face, The GTR Rocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts