GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i didnt have time to look today so i test fit my
New manifold n turbo and il have to relocate the power steering resevoir do many have to do this, if so where is the favoured spot.
Any suggestions welcome oh r33 btw .
Regards
Nath

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I think mine is moved. Aren't they normally placed on the strut?
Mine is sat behind the front light.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats where i detached it from i was thinkin behind the passenger side light actually dont suppose you have a pic brains

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Mine was moved to behind the headlight, the bracket is attached to the cross member/slam panel.

Beware when you re-route the hoses the swaged ferrules where the hard pipe meets the hose don't like being moved and will probably leak once they are disturbed.
I'm doing this on mine too. I've already cut off the swaged rubber hose that goes between the return line from the rack and the bottom of the resevoir. I assume as its low pressure you can just use a hose and jubilee clip instead ?
Will probably shorten the R32 PS pump and use a plastic R33 resevoir.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I'm doing this on mine too. I've already cut off the swaged rubber hose that goes between the return line from the rack and the bottom of the resevoir. I assume as its low pressure you can just use a hose and jubilee clip instead ?
Will probably shorten the R32 PS pump and use a plastic R33 resevoir.

Cheers

Stu
Abbey did the work on mine, they tigged an aeroquip fitting on the back of the standard fitting at the rack and ran a new hose the whole way back replacing that return hard pipe. As you say being the low pressure side, you'd think a jubilee clip would do it just as well though - it's a jubilee clip at the reservoir after all.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just finished relocating mine on my R33. I removed the charcoal canister from the bracket, cut the mounting tabs off the power steering reservoir, TIG welded the 2 together, ran new braided lines, filled the system and finished project.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts