GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pair of GFB T9005 dump valves fitted today at ACSpeedTech. They have been set up to vent as much as possible, but not so they float open.

They work a treat I must say. So you don't hear them when changing gear, but you certainly do when you lift off ! But you need to lift off a reasonable amount, so for example, just slowing down a bit on the motorway and they don't vent (which is what you want), but say at 40 or 50 in third, lift off and "psssttttt" !!

I know some people on here think they are chavvy - but I love the sound (having had them on my previous Noble and V8 Esprit as well).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Literally just fit some to mine at the weekend, I have them set around 50/50 VTA, can I ask what you mean by set so they don’t float open?

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Literally just fit some to mine at the weekend, I have them set around 50/50 VTA, can I ask what you mean by set so they don’t float open?
They can open and therefore vent too soon.

I have mixed the two things up ! So you have the percentage VTA/Recirc setting and also the spring tension setting, which holds the boost. If it's too l low, they vent all the time.

I think that's right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a pair of GFB T9005 dump valves fitted today at ACSpeedTech. They have been set up to vent as much as possible, but not so they float open.

They work a treat I must say. So you don't hear them when changing gear, but you certainly do when you lift off ! But you need to lift off a reasonable amount, so for example, just slowing down a bit on the motorway and they don't vent (which is what you want), but say at 40 or 50 in third, lift off and "psssttttt" !!

I know some people on here think they are chavvy - but I love the sound (having had them on my previous Noble and V8 Esprit as well).
Can I ask how you find the GTR in comparison to the noble, I've owned the 3 litre version and am now considering the GTR.
I realise that they're probably chalk and cheese as the noble has no driver aides apart from the one sitting behind the wheel and the GTR has quite a bit, but it would still be interesting to know.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I ask how you find the GTR in comparison to the noble, I've owned the 3 litre version and am now considering the GTR.
I realise that they're probably chalk and cheese as the noble has no driver aides apart from the one sitting behind the wheel and the GTR has quite a bit, but it would still be interesting to know.
I too had the 3 litre (but not the R, but it did have the 6-speed getrag box), which I had for 6 years, then 18 months with an AM Vantage and now 7 years with my GT-R. The reason for selling the Nob was space. We like to go away for the odd weekend and it was just too much like hard work, stuffing bags behind the seats etc. Hence getting a Vantage; so a proper boot. But that was very boring, so it didn't last long.

Anyway, as you know, the Noble is more like a go-kart than a car - just a steal space frame with a plastic body over the top. None of your fangle-dangled stuff like electric seats and windy up windows ! Where as the GT-R has more buttons to fiddle with than you can shake a stick at.

I suppose you can't really get two cars that are so different from each other. The other thing is size, a GT-R is huge compared to a Noble, I can only just fit it in my garage (both length and width (oo-er missues)) where my GT-R has to be inched in until it rests on a big bag of rags at the end, otherwise I can't shut the garage door.

The GT-R is quicker but the Noble is more scary. I had mine at 160 at Vmax and I thought it was going to leave the runway. Not that I've taken my GT-R to the same event, so I've not done 160 in it however.

I don't know what else to add really. Depends on what you want I suppose - I'd not go back to a Noble because I always like modern stuff.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think a video is in order
Could be a bit tricky to do (for me anyway). Having said that, I've not revved it whilst parked to see what that sounds like yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too had the 3 litre (but not the R, but it did have the 6-speed getrag box), which I had for 6 years, then 18 months with an AM Vantage and now 7 years with my GT-R. The reason for selling the Nob was space. We like to go away for the odd weekend and it was just too much like hard work, stuffing bags behind the seats etc. Hence getting a Vantage; so a proper boot. But that was very boring, so it didn't last long.

Anyway, as you know, the Noble is more like a go-kart than a car - just a steal space frame with a plastic body over the top. None of your fangle-dangled stuff like electric seats and windy up windows ! Where as the GT-R has more buttons to fiddle with than you can shake a stick at.

I suppose you can't really get two cars that are so different from each other. The other thing is size, a GT-R is huge compared to a Noble, I can only just fit it in my garage (both length and width (oo-er missues)) where my GT-R has to be inched in until it rests on a big bag of rags at the end, otherwise I can't shut the garage door.

The GT-R is quicker but the Noble is more scary. I had mine at 160 at Vmax and I thought it was going to leave the runway. Not that I've taken my GT-R to the same event, so I've not done 160 in it however.

I don't know what else to add really. Depends on what you want I suppose - I'd not go back to a Noble because I always like modern stuff.
I probably agree with that, why go back when you can go forward.
And I also would like a video.

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Nice one on the new bovs, but yeah we need a video to hear the fun in action!!! Then will decide if i need some! haha (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts