GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a pt 67 with A/R .70 would spool up on an RB 26 ? @ 3500 RPM or after 4000 RPM ?
i previously had a T78 which use to give full boost at around 6000 RPM. I am basically into drag racing so keeping that in mind what is your opinion ?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
How would a pt 67 with A/R .70 would spool up on an RB 26 ? @ 3500 RPM or after 4000 RPM ?
i previously had a T78 which use to give full boost at around 6000 RPM. I am basically into drag racing so keeping that in mind what is your opinion ?
Well firstly I didn't know PT did a A/r .70 version. I'd also guess that its good for around 600WHP at 2bar. You don't say what engine, but assuming its an RB then a standard 2.6 will take time, it would work better on a RB30, certainly spool wise.

However, given your drag racing comment, why a PT67 at all? You could go much bigger with a Garrett or HKS. Either one of the 40's or a T62 is good! Only benefit I can see is the PT is cheap and fit your manifold. But if drag racing should that be a major consideration?

DaveG

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any one using a PT 67 on a skyline ? i just want to know at how much rpm it gives full boost.

@ ATCO

pt 67 because its smaller then a T78 which i have currently and is full of lag. Bigger turbo means more lag. I intend to run 67 on a standard RB.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ lith

ok but what does your experience say ? do you know a person who has a PT 67 on his skyline ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ lith

Hks t04z has A/R .61, .81, 1.00 .. My pt 67 has A/R .70 compressor side and .68 hotside. How can it be the same as t04z ? i am confused !

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
What I meant is they are the closest thing by far. The housings are different which will obviously vary things but compare wheel sizes between the too and unless I am mistaken, they are much of a muchness. I am referring to Garrett t04z which comes with .70ar cover too btw. I have not been around any cars running precision turbos sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i'm running one on my r32, tuning isn't finished yet but it starts spooling up @ 3k hits 1 bar @ 4k, once you get to 5k you'd best hold on to that steering wheel, I dyno'd it upto 5k rpm (fueling problems) after 4k it went up 100whp per 1k rpm so technically speaking with an 8k rev limit it should be able to do 500+ rwhp at 18psi.

also, I find it's a very streetable turbo, like lith said, it's a t04z but without the price tag.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My Huge apexi AX75 hits full boost by 4,000 rpm and its awesome. Think im the only person in the uk running one ! Its a ball bearing assisted tubby and id highly recommend it. Its good for 550 - 750 bhp.

heres the blurb from apex'i:

Description

The APEXi AX 75 Series turbo kits are factory replacement style turbo kits. All of the APEXi AX 75 Series turbos are manufactured by IHI under APEXi engineering specs.

The new APEXi AX 75 turbo is currently the largest single turbo from APEXi. The AX 75 is capable of up to 750HP for certain application, an advancement over the smaller APEXi AX 53 Turbo. The APEXi AX 75 turbo is designed for use with external wastegates. The APEXi AX 75 Turbo is designed for high power output and can achieve high HP performance while retaining excellent mid-range response. The APEXi AX turbo kit series comes in 2 turbine flavors.

AX75F82 Turbine
The APEXi AX75F82 high power turbo is designed for single turbo applications requiring excellent response with high horsepower output. Horsepower range per individual turbine is from 550-650HP. The AIRICK assisted ball bearing shaft produces nearly identical response characteristics as the AX53 series with a far more potent HP output. Skyline GTR RB26DETT motors have produced 550-640HP while rotary engines produce 400-500HP. The AX75 turbo assembly can also be purchased separately for custom applications and can also be mated to various Setup Kits for individual engine applications.

AX75F92 Turbine
To better suit the needs of our customers, many of the APEXi turbos are available in different compressor and turbine size combinations. The APEXi AX75F92 turbo features the same size compressor wheel and compressor housing as the APEXi AX75F82 turbo, as well as the same quick spooling ball bearing center cartridge. However, designed for maximum power extraction of a single turbo application, the APEXi AX75F92 turbo features a larger exhaust turbine and turbine housing. The result of the larger turbine is a dramatic increase in exhaust flow and turbo efficiency. This combination has proven itself to produce maximum power in the range of 500-550HP on rotary engines and 700-750HP on single turbo RB26 applications.

Turbo kits in the APEXi AX 75 Turbo Kit Series come with a high precision internal wastegate actuator for quick and stable boost control. The actuator rod is adjustable allowing the user to preset the wastegate to suit a variety of driving styles.

The AX 75 Turbo kit is 1 of 2 AX-type Turbo kits that APEXi makes. The other AX Turbo kit in the APEXi AX Turbo family is The APEXi AX 53 Turbo kit. APEXi also makes the Isamu RX-6 Turbo kit. Together, the AX 53 Turbo kit, AX 75 Turbo kit, and Isamu RX-6 Turbo kit make up the 3 turbo kit offerings from APEXi.

Each APEXI AX 75 Turbo kit is available in various exhaust housing trims. Please pay special attention to the type of engine that each turbo is applicable for. THIS TURBO KIT IS FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY.

Features Summary:
- Largest single turbo from APEXi.
- Turbo capacity goes up to 650HP depending upon application.
- Designed for single turbo applications requiring excellent response with high horsepower output
- Turbo is designed for use with external wastegates.
- Turbo is designed for excellent mid range response.
- Incorporates the proprietary AIRICK system for improved efficiency and better temperature control, enhancing boost response.

Reference: APEXi AX Turbo kit, APEXi AX75 Turbo, APEXi AX75 Turbo Series, APEX AX Turbo kit, APEX AX75 Turbo, APEX AX75 Turbo Series

This APEXi AX75 Middle Single Turbo UNIVERSAL - ALL CARS has the following features:
For Engine Type:
Turbo used in this APEXi turbo kit:
Expected power gain: 650-750 HP turbo capacity. Actual power gain dependent on tuning configurations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts