GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone (like Newera, etc) acquiring R35s and then exporting them straightaway? I'm now thinking of selling the R32 to get an R35, but I'd need someone to buy one in Japan, dereg it, then ship it to me - I can handle the importation part from there once it arrives in Busan.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
We're taking deposits for the R35 GT-R now, Consumption tax free ;). Full details should be on our website from the end of this week. Avoid delaying placing your order... waiting lists with Nissan Japan are already up to end of Feb / Beginning of March.

Miguel

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa. Ok Miguel, I think we'll be talking...what do you mean, consumption-tax free? meaning we can buy the things, not pay Japanese tax, and get them immediately exported? Fukuoka to Busan is a very short boat ride :D

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Miguel,

Can you pm me some details for ordering, what the final yen price is for importing to UK, excluding shipping and UK taxes, ie ex works to the dock and if any de-reg required etc.

Thanks
Nito

·
Registered
468 Posts
Miguel,

Can you pm me some details for ordering, what the final yen price is for importing to UK, excluding shipping and UK taxes, ie ex works to the dock and if any de-reg required etc.

Thanks
Nito
Will like the same details too please Miguel, also will import still get 3 years warranty from manufacture?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Please PM or mail me too, have deposit down, but if its going to be cheaper to import than UK price, i'm all for saving some benjamins :)

thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
PM's sent to those who requested above :)

We are placing our first batch of orders this week, to minimise waiting time from Nissan - which are escalating fast...

Kismetcapitan, please e-mail me at: [email protected] or complete an inquiry form on our website and we will be pleased to send you further details regarding shipment to Korea.

Many thanks.

Miguel

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Thanks for your interest. There's a lot of information, pictures, etc. to put up on our website, which we feel are necessary to be able to show as clearly as possible, what we can offer in supplying the new GT-R to personal order, inclusive of all available options, etc. We want to do this right, rather than supplying information piecemeal, before we're ready - which could lead to confusion.

We are also working to find the best warranty solution available for our customers.

We hope to have details up on our website over this weekend. After that, we'll be responding to inquiries, in writing.

Thanks for your patience.

Miguel

·
Registered
58 Posts
We're taking deposits for the R35 GT-R now, Consumption tax free ;). Full details should be on our website from the end of this week. Avoid delaying placing your order... waiting lists with Nissan Japan are already up to end of Feb / Beginning of March.

Miguel
How do you answer to this? That means you can't export GT-R to any where else!!

"Hi everyone,

Over the last week or so, I have found out about a few major hurdles preventing importing the GTR to Australia.

1. Nissan Japan has installed a "global immobilizer” as such, which prevents the car from being operational outside of Japan. The immobilizer is connected to the on-board GPS system so unless someone is clever enough to re-program the ECU to by-pass this check then there is no point in importing a J-Spec GTR. That’s a pretty fool-proof way of preventing unauthorized importing.

2. The waiting list in Japan is already out to March 2008, so the earliest date that a sample vehicle could get road registered in Australia is July/August 2008, and that’s counting on DOTARS staying true to their word. Therefore the earliest date that additional GTR’s could be registered is October 2008 – which is hardly any earlier than the official Australian release.

3. The exchange rate is currently very good for importing from Japan, but if the market crashes as some predict, the cost benefits of importing (as opposed to buying an Aus-spec when released) will disappear. In fact, it is likely that importing a J-Spec will become a lot more expensive than buying an Aus-spec off a dealer.

4. Rumor has it that DOTARS are about to change the import rules, again. The word on the street is that there will be additional requirements of RAWS, with each requirement resulting in the RAW paying more fees to the Government.

So, I’m sorry to say that I will not be importing the R35 GTR as there are too many factors that could leave me (and my customers) high and dry without a paddle. I guess we will all have to wait until they are released locally."

quoted from: r35gtr.com :: View topic - GTR Importing & Compliancing in Australia

1 - 20 of 45 Posts