GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been pulled twice by the police in the last 3 weeks
neither one was speeding

the 1st around arounderbout in renault 5 did look suss in my car though ,red car ,blue boot. young driver

2nd a hair pin turning that tuns back across the traffic and back on its self
i did go round a bit qiuck but was spotted buy the police head on
and in covoy and at night in a area where none drives at 30
they took the bait ! in the volvo though but on that occasion they did a car cheack and found the cars supposed to be off the road
soren as sean was still vailid witch i didnt know
the tax wasnt on the wind screen ( in the drivers door coz it fell out and forgot! i dont look my age and my drivers licence was in the post and being chaged for full
so noting looked good

the first was coz we looked suss
the second coz the car was thought to be stolen

but why cant they seem to pick on the ppl who do it all the time and speed ALOT eg my friend hes a nova driver
and it bright blue and hes a nutter but hes never been chaught

he was doing a bout 60 in a 30 and saw the police at the junctoin
and slamed his brackes on and skidded to a halt (at this time his cv boots were split and were throughng oil everywhere )
he got out got under the car put oil on his hands and told the poilce that his brakes had oil on em
the git got away with it !

so now i only speed in covoy with normal traiffic coz they cant pull everyone over!

any veiws, rants, comments please add !!

:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Bad week your having.

Maybe you have the look of a car theif? Or is it when you see the police you look guilty to them?;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
leaf look

no not me !
no caps or hoods
just normal clothes!

·
Registered
520 Posts
The first time was obviously just a check - no problem, it happens to us all at some point.

The second time you were driving like a twat, with a car that shouldn't be on the road, and you have no tax disc displayed - I think they had every right to pull you, don't you?

As to your mate saying there was oil on the brakes; I somehow do not think this 'fooled' the police into letting him go as:

a) oil on the brakes would make the wheels less likely to lock
b) having oil on the brakes means the car is not in roadworthy condition - he would be in more trouble!

I know I was probably the same when I had just passed my test, and I suspect many others on this board were too. But my advice to you would be to watch your speed, and use it when it's appropriate. i.e. in a 30 zone do no more then 30mph and in a 40 zone do no more than 40mph. This way you will most likely keep a clean license, not have any accidents and be able to get yourself a Skyline sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
here was me expecting a piccy of a nice bird you'd pulled, but no...

Don't worry too much about the police thing - I used to drive sensibly everywhere, got pulled over all the time, these days, drive a little faster ;) (private motorways and all that :D) and never seem to suffer...

There was one week where I was pulled over 3 times when I was 18 - police thought it was unlikely that someone my age would be driving a Peugeot 309 GTI. I do think it depends where you live though, in Lancashire I used to get stopped all the time, but I've never (touch wood) been stopped in Bristol/Swindon :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car was legal and it wasnt
it had mot ,tax and insurance but it also still had a soren certificate still active witch i didnt know about !

this mate with the nova hes had a little miss hap before and slapped some one who pulled out on him he was speeding but the guy in the other car had no tax no insurance and no mot so left it be
again hes got away scott free , i dont get it !
but hes bnound to get caught sooner or later

the car was road legal and the road was on the way to the new
max power type strip but so anything out the ordanary would look suss !
but driving like a twat NEVER iam aware all the time (coz theres no radio to fiddle with)
i know i cant drive like a racing driver and i dont try
i allways brake/slow well before i need to and if i dont know the road then i drive with even more caution iam nippy to the speed limit and if the traffic is "speeding" i will
coz it saves fuel (coz at 30 i need 4 and 38 up i can us 5 )
iam a student with no money so every little helps!

·
Registered
194 Posts
No matter what the circumstances are, if you feel that you are being pulled over far too many times always ask for a producer, get this photocopied before producing and then present your bundle of photocopied producers to the powers that be at the police station and ask them to tel lyou why you have been pulled over so many times.

When I first passed my test I was driving round in my Renault5 and was always getting pulled over, well it was 41 times in one month, after the first 3 times in the same day I started asking for producers, it was the only evidence i could get. At the time I know I wasnt driving round like a d*ck as I had my 2 month old son in the car......when i asked for reasons at the police station I got an appology from the Chief C and I wasnt pulled over again.....well until 3 years later when caught speeding :D

Since owning hte skyline I have been pulled over 4 times in it, twice by a plod man that I know and twice for genuine reasons, they didnt believe that I was old enough to own the car.....but if it gets silly again like that I'll be asking for producers again :D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
LOL @ Lolly.

Gus,

Have you considered who owned the OVLOV before you, was it the local pimp or drugs lord ?

Now I've said that, I'll bet it was your parents ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
How old are you then?

As I was informed last week - I part own mine, share it with the fella :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do you find you get a few wierd looks of police then? I know Ive only had it locally as the first skyline was a bit of a come up from my muppet mobile calibra :D The plod kept asking which bank did I rob and who am I blackmailing to afford it :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Kempy.. nice Avatar :D

Jason.. "drugs lord" LOL :D

Gus, Buy a Micra mate, when SAFE I average 1.5 times the speed limit (out the city - after hours) and I have never had so much as a sideways glance from the police.

Rob

P.S. Bet I get pulled now!!! Oh, and also, my mate has a Nova 1.3sr,but hes never had the chance to speed because the police follow him resolutely absolutely EVRYWHERE! Hes never been pulled, but only because hes been calm and sensible whilst being followed.

Its incredible how bad the stereotype for a Nova driver is in Coventry (fair enough its probably true!!!!) but my friend is no "hood-rat"-baseball cap-white socks-reebok classics-street corner-arse. I wonder how they'll like it when hes got a Beetel with a Porsche 944turbo engine :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
vennuth said:

but my friend is no "hood-rat"-baseball cap-white socks-reebok classics-street corner-arse. :D
Ah so youve met most of the lads off here :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts